Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic suggests i could use a ho-to guide on how to install coilovers onto my EK3 - it seems pretty straight foward but i wanna make sure i get it right!

Anyone know to any?

·
Registered
780 Posts
i've just fitted some to my ek4 today and took bot 2hrs, plus an hour of cleaning the second hand ones first, they are straight forward

Front
undo the clamp on the bottom fork to the damper, then undo the bottom of the fork that connects to the lower wishbone, prise apart and withdraw the fork (to clean it up), undo the top two nuts, then withdraw the damper and spring complete.

rear
the rear ones are even more simple just undo the single bottom mount, then undo the top two nut. if it doesn't come out, you may need to get a heavy mate to lever the lower arm down.

fitting is the same as removal but backwards :mrgreen:

dive in head first, its easy :cool:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds pretty easy my mate was on about taking the brake calipers off and stuff :s anyway i will give it a go!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alec said:
Do you think you could write a DIY on this Hugh?
no worries mate, i'll try get round to doing one tonight, trouble is my wheels are back on now so will try to find some pix, if not off come the wheels (cant get the jack underneath atm, too low think its gone down by 60mm, whatever is enoguh to put the mudflaps flat on the floor lol) :D

i'll also post some pix of my new ride height and i also have some eg suspension parts for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts