·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=1:eek:hkbictv]DSCN1500.JPG[/attachment:eek:hkbictv]
My Gearknob
[attachment=0:eek:hkbictv]DSCN1503.JPG[/attachment:eek:hkbictv]
My Horn.
(Excuse the poor pics, I took them in the dark. Colour Bleeding is the camera, not the subject)

How to get this look.

1) Get your knob out.
2) Find a yellow crayon (If you are an adult you might find one in a puncture repair kit if you don't have kids).
3) Melt the crayon with a lighter and let it drip into the indentations in your knob.
4) Give your knob a wipe down before it cools.
5) Give your knob a good polish.
6) Put your knob back where you found it.
7) Don't play with it till it cools.

You can repeat the process with your horn but make sure you put something down to protect your upholstery and the £75 jeans your sister got you for Christmas cos hot wax is a bitch to get out of fabric.
I did this about 18 months ago and took these pics today, so as you can see it can last a while and if it starts to crack it's easy and cheap to do it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ItsNotAFreakinRover said:
1) Get your knob out.
7) Play with it.
4) Give your knob a wipe down before it cools.
6) Put your knob back where you found it.
Thanks for that ;)

Seriously nice write up though :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
nice that turned out sweet, i did something similar to my sliver heavyweight knob, but used red acrylic paint instead, same methods really. use a brush cover the top and then wipe the ecess off! looks real good too! oh whats the pac-man thing? is it a sticker? good colour match!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pac-man thing I found at gamestation, it was supposed to be a rubber pin badge but the pin dropped off it so I 'found it' on the floor. I just stuck it there with some fabric glue, I didn't really expect it to last but it's still there after 18 months. I might go back and see if some ghosts drop off their pins at some point.

Or I might even buy this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pac-man-pin-badge ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, You might be glad to know, or not give a damn, that I won the pac-man pin badge set from ebay. I'll post pics soon. I guess that's as close to JDM as my MB3 will ever get lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts