Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all iv got a MA8 which is 5 door, and iv been looking round for a good lip spoiler (i dont like the ones that lift up off the boot) iv seen one on a 2004 rover 45 (which has the same shape as the rover 400) and therefore same as my civic.
now my question is where do i get hold of one (iv tried local scrap dealers and they dont have any) and has anyone done this mod before?
picture of spoiler on the rover iv seen (i know its a 45 club se TD)
[attachment=0:37s7zcxw]Image330.jpg[/attachment:37s7zcxw]

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Isn't this a one piece boot lid and not just an 'add on lip spoiler'?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
that is a one piece bootlid.

Getting larger: (the last one is the most common one that will fit to your car)

This is google image search for rover 400 spoiler, stug45 mode.

Right well the idea about going for a rover 400/45/mg zr spoiler is the fact it will have the same width as your car. Because you are not starting off with a spoiler means that you will have to custom mount (drill the bootlid) to fit one on. Any spoiler will fit on any car (reference http://www.barryboys.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but it doesn't mean it will look good!

I personally wouldnt get one as it makes no difference to the air and makes no difference to looking good!

My car comes with a "spoiler" but its actually a roof extension. Adding a rear spoiler to a FWD car will actually increase drag and probably reduce traction at high speed. Addition of front splitters (proper wind tunnel tested ones) will increase grip for the front tyres.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry the photo was not great (was on my camera phone) but iv taken a decent one now.
It is deffinatly a lip spoiler not a one peice boot, and im not after the M3/M5 spoiler look.
I want it too follow the lines of the car and not look too much - the one iv found (taken photos of) does that perfectly.
cheers stug for all the info, iv already looked into all of thoughts spoilers and im not really a fan of any of then (but if had to choose the first is closest to what im aiming for)
heres the photo:
[attachment=0:mvsonkhb]Image327.jpg[/attachment:mvsonkhb]

edit: id done some more research and its called a lower lip spoiler and comes from a MG ZS which usually has an extreme spoiler (as in stugs last picture) so im now on the hunt to find one for under £50

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i see it now! if you can get one it does look a lot better. scrapyards will yield a good head gasket death harvest, thats if you can find one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found on my MA8 if you lift up the boot it has the holes pre marked out for the 5 door VTI wing. Got one of these from the scrappie (pease pottage) with front bumper and fogs for £20. Brake light hooked up no problem and the boot still holds open fine. You should be able to find plenty of mashed up higher spec 5's about if you look.

Yeah on a FWD the rear wing does very little, anything bigger is daft. I guess you have tried ebay for boot lips?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts