Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard so much mixed reviews of the 8th Gen European Honda Civic. Top Gear slated it, I loved it on first site, but now I'm not so sure.

Here's a pic of it for those that forget easily:

What do people think of it?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A coupe 8th gen european? Haven't seen photos of that.

Here is the 8th gen normal coupe, not european:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
totally, they are soooo nice! I just love the white on white in this version, but i hate white on white and black on black in all other civs

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to the European, the actual features are pretty cool, but I don't like those triangular exhausts, but gimmicky if you ask me :p

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yeh, its as if they were trying to hard to be different!! i LOVE the type-R but the basic models are abit bland.. the glass front is cool though i guess.

·
Registered
224 Posts
a mate of mine is thinking of getting that white fd2 civic above (lucky swine!) he used to own a integra dc5,
i do like them alot its just a shame they have the extra doors on them :x but they are there because the japs
dont have an accord so basically used this car as their accord and badged it a civic,the mugen one is far better
but more expensive and only comes in red :x shame it would look the part in white!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's where a custom paint job comes in ;)

But that Mugen is tuned more than any other Civic also. Read about it at Yahoo!. Top Gear however slates it unfairly I think.

Sure it only comes in red? Here it is in blue:

·
Registered
224 Posts
different shape car that mate look at the shape of the lights,as far as im aware the japs have only released it in white and
that limited edition red for now and more probably to follow

·
Registered
340 Posts
that first one is terrible, but hen it looks like a basic model, the type R isnt too bad, but i would rather have an EP3 (lees shape) the FD2 is class, not to keen on it form behind, but overall its wicked. the mugen one is a beast, but i agree it should come in white, afterall that is Hondas trademark colour!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not a fan of the big glass rear and the triangular exhaust holes in the TypeR bumper. The Mugen FN2 is pimp though!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I hated it at first. It's grown on me a lot. I'd be very happy with a Mugen 200, or a Championship White edition of the Type R. The FN2 is apparently the best Type R ever made...

·
Premium Member
10,908 Posts
TypeSam said:
The FN2 is apparently the best Type R ever made...
Really? thats the first I heard of it, many people say its no where near as good as the EP3 except the looks, the EK9 and DC2 hold the best Type-R awards

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
TypeSam said:
The FN2 is apparently the best Type R ever made...
all the reviews i've seen of it say far from that.

Its got more prehistoric rear suspension than the EJ9!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts