Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LCD clock on my Civic has gone very dim. It is visible during the day but not at night. I thought that it might have its own lithium battery but the Haynes manual says otherwise. Has anyone come across this or got any suggestions? I want to eliminate everything else before trying to replace the clock itself because it requires removal of the heater control panel, headunit etc.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI

I HAVE A 95 CIVIC AND I HAVE FOUND OUT WHEN I TURN MY HEADLIGHTS ON MY CLOCK TENDS TO GO A BIT DIMMER.

I DONT KNOW WHY IT DOES THIS AND IM NOT THAT FUSSED ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM.

I DUNO IF THIS IS OF ANY HELP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I showed it to the guy on the parts desk at Honda Lookers in Liverpool when picking up some cosmetic parts a few days ago. He says its back lit with a bulb and it needs replacing. Its a pain to get at though!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
the bulbs isnt as hard to get to as you mgiht think.
remove the head unit and cage. You can now reach up and you will feel a square sticking out of the back of the clock, this is the bulb. twist it and it will pop out.
I went to http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ and bout a pack of 10 for £10. This included the holder and not just the bulb

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if you could tell what what bulb actually you bought for the clock please. It is rather difficult to remove my stereo, so if there is a chance I just want to do it once, instead of taking out the bulb to identify it then order one and fit it when it arrives. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
(i am talking about 5 door civics )
the clock bulb only cost about 2 quid from honda dealer and its not so difficult to replace the old bulb with the new one.
If you got small hand it will come handy as you will need to get the stereo out and stick your hand in to the stereo slot and reach behind the clock and twist the old bulb. And it should come off easily , the only problem is you cant see where you are putting in the new bulb so its more like feeling the hole and sticking the new bulb into the hole and twist fitting it.
And it is a good idea to tape up all the gaps in the stereo slot with a masking tape so if you drop the bulb it wont go behind / under the center console ,should you drop it .
And be gentle as you dont want to damage the clock terminal and a yellow film at the back the digi clock.

hope this helps :p

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts