Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I just went out to my car at lunch, and someones put two massive guages on my front bonnet. I'm not in the best financial situation to get it fixed at present, but at the same time I don't want the bonnet to rust. Is there anything I can put on the guages to protect from the weather?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you are going to get it re-sprayed professionally at some point, i'd just give it a quick coat of lacquer in the key'ed areas, and just deal with it looking dodgey till you can afford to get it sprayed. the lacquer will be clear anyway, can get it from any car shop for around £8-£10 and it will stop the rust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

To avoid buying the wrong type of laquer, can you advise on a brand, or something i could take into a car shop and show?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
how bad are the key marks? you might be able to get away with a good t-cut, and then a laquer just to give it that extra protection, dont think it makes too much of a difference with the lacquer, i got one out of halfords for 6 quid the other day for my cam cover, looks good just dont put too much on or it will stand out from the way the rest of the bumper is coated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Real bad. They go through to the prima, two pretty much from window to lights.

Whats worse is I have a custom bonnet, in shockwave blue, mixed with white to give a flip effect.

I'm popping into halfords on the way home to grab me some lacquer. Supress the rage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel for ya man. I came back from asda after some twat had hit my car head on with a shopping trolly. It's too cold out to do a proper job with paint at this time of year unless you can get your car in a nice 15+ degrees garage. I've just sanded the area, added a coat, sanded, coated ad infinitum, it's still not looking as good as a professional job but no one notices unless I point it out. It'll do till we get some nice weather. If you're going to attempt it yourself I suggest putting aside a little time each day to do a very gradual job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts