Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ther, just got myself a 95' bel-air. its great fun to drive but would like it faster. how easy is it to fit a k20 motor into it? what mods will need doing? what do i need other than engine, lume and ecu?

cheers. Drew.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Motor, loom, ECU, custom enigne mounts/driveshafts and a bit of a fab work on the interior. Because of the positioning of the gear lever in the TypeR you'll need to be cutting and chopping to get the gear linkage and lever working right. Its a surprisingly big job haha if your serious about it check out k20a.org they've got quite a lot of info on the swap

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very pricey.

You can buy hasport mounts and linkages specifically for a K20 to EG swap, have a look on ebay. You'll be getting them from the US however.

It's worth it once it's done, they're fantastic engines; exceptionally responsive to bolt ons and torqueier (thats not a word lol) and lighter than any B series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anything that drops straight in that'd give me loads more power? i'm new to the jap scene so not ssure what fits with what.

Drew.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any B series will drop straight in. I think you'd be best off with a B18, or, if you've got the time, patience and know how you can build yourself a B20 VTEC (B20 bottom end, B16 head).

I'd advise a B18, extremely good blocks and not *that* expensive for the power you can get out of them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might go for a b18 or b20 VTEC, there seems to be a few on "bay of the E" for a good price. hmmm..... cheers for the help.
p.s. will the engine lume and ecu from the new engine plug into the main car lume or will i need to modify it?

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts