Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up my first civic last night, An EJ? Coupe d16 sohc needs a bit of work but I got it cheap cheap and managed to cut a deal on my 325i. No pictures as of yet as my camera is shot to bits but within the next few days I'll put some up.

Future plans include,

Fresh MOT (tomorrow)
Re-sprayed front end (next week)
Type-R front seats
Type-R front bumper
Colour coding here and there
Coilovers
New wheels of some sort
Fresh respray in championship white

O and a turbo ;)

Im down in the southwest, Plymouth...anyone else down this way?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hello mate welcome to the forum. Cant wait to see some pics of your car, how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome man, really wanna see pics of this, think my motor is a EJ6 aswell. I defin8ly overpaid for mine but still love it to peices. The dude that sold me his was wanting £4K but managed £2900 which wasnt too bad. Anyhoo welcome again, n enjoy your stay, get pics up asap brother lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL.

I paid £300!

But it's got no MOT, and its had a front end knock at some point and needs some paint.

Its booked in for mot this afternoon at 3pm so fingers crossed. Once its back I'll take some photos of how rubbish it looks right now but It'll be looking nice very soon.

Before my E36 I had a rover coupe which I converted the sohc d16 engine over to a d16a9 (dohc) was a good laugh however no matter what I did it would alwayas be a rover.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Bargin price. Hope it pass's dude,

Rovers are good for learning about engines and how they work, but like you said the car would always be , A ROVER!! :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looked quite nice and it had no rover badges left on it at all, lol

But anyway onwards and upwards,

I know its going to fail on the c.v boots and a small blow in the exhaust, up untill now I've always done my own work on my cars but with my new job Ive not got time tbh and I can afford to get it done at the garage lol.

I'll be painting it myself (got all the gear I need here)

And turboing it myself as Im I know my way around a tool box (also helps that my house mate owned and built the first civc turbo in the country many years ago)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Cool, sounds like you've got everything all planned out and ready. Ah yes well having that kind of advise will help. So what type of turbo you going to be using??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gibbscp said:
Cool, sounds like you've got everything all planned out and ready. Ah yes well having that kind of advise will help. So what type of turbo you going to be using??

Looking currently at a T3 but this maybe a little big, not after massive amounts of power just a safe 6 psi should be good for around 180bhp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL!

It very rare when I've signed up to forums in the past the user name isnt taken.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a few Lee's here as well..

I've got it on a couple of forums, but I normaly use this now 'cause it's my gamertag on Xbox Live..

Anyway, have fun here, and with the car :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pictures...

post29849.html#p29849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Looks good from what i could see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah just noticed I messed the links up.

Will upload better ones later this week once my car is back together lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts