Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

has anyone heard of anybody doing a JUN engine conversion? I saw this on the web and was wondering has anybody heard of someone doing a JUN engine conversion?

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/compl ... ex.html?en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was thinking of doing a b18c5 conversion from a dc2 (into my current d14A4) but if a jun engine conversion promises a bit more in the way of performance i'll probably consider this aswell! The only problems that i can foresee atm is sourcing the parts for as cheap as possible without compromising on the build quality of the parts i intend to install..

I also intend on installing buddy club coilovers as i figure they are one of the best manufacturers of japanese performance parts..if anyone knowa a little about these too, i'd like to know your opinion

any tips or guidance much appreciated

blu

·
Registered
69 Posts
You must be profitting from the credit crunch!!

people are worrying about the pennies that increase in petrol prices and you wana buy a JUN engine which will probably cost around 8k atleast, lol

I need a buddy like you lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
JUN is extreme in every way. Unless you own a county or something it isn't really something to be considered lol

Mind if you have got about 10k to spare, why waste money on Buddy Club coilovers when you could have Zeal units or Toda Fightex for about 2.5 to 3k? :p

You can build an engine that makes just as much power on a quarter of the budget easy using skunk2 parts and forged internals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh..good thing my dad is a millionaire...HA..i wish!! From what ive seen and heard about buddy club tho, they are very nice..most of the parts are hand finished!! what i was thinking of doing is buying a b18c4 (Type r dc2) engine and transplanting it into the civic..the only prob is its gonna be a huge job because its only a d14a4 ek.. the price i saw for the engine was about £2300 with all auxilliary parts included..so all pumps,mounts,brackets,wiring loom etc.. it seems like a nice idea.. Also later on i was thinkin of changing the cams and gears and again buddy club seemed to come to the fore..until i looked at the JUN stuff!!
any ideas as to how to approach it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts