Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i recently decided to up grade my sound system, i used to have 2 12inch DB audio subs which sounded amazing but as these were gettin a little old i treated my self to 2 12inch JL audio W3 subs, im using a vibe 1200 mono block amp runnin at 2 hom, to run these, at low volume they dont sound to bad but when i cranck it up a bit they seem to fade and sound awful, ive ordered a 1.5 farad power cap to see if that helps! but was thinking the amp just may not be powerfull enough !!! any thoughts??? cheers :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a mono block amp only having one out put, the subs are wired in parallel, i followed this diagram..[attachment=0:3lk9oc2l]2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg[/attachment:3lk9oc2l]

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The subs are 300w rms each and the book says the amp rms power @ 2 ohm is 6000w, yes the power cable is the thickest i could find 2 gauge i think it was 7 quid a meter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i dropped it down to 1 sub and it sounded a little better but not much, think i go and buy a better brand of amp amd try that ...cheers for all your input guys...and yes the book did say 6000w i was suprised also .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, got a good deal on a jl audio mono bass amp at 1000w rms wired the baby up stright away n it sounds awsome, problem solved lol, thanks again guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts