Honda Civic Forums banner

jdmhondaparts *EBAY SELLER* BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ek4-uso 
#1 ·
This seller is know as "jdmhondaparts" and their ebay shop "RACERBITS"

I bought a cat-back exhaust system from them for my EK Civic Vti Saloon, , and it cost £140 & £40 for P&P from America, description stated it was made from T-304 Stainless Steel however after only a month after fitting, it is RUSTING quite badly which would be impossible if it was stainless steel!

The system came from America, and they have said they'll replace / refund, but only after I return the system to them - this would leave me without a car while I waited for the new system, would cost me about £100 to ship back to them and have the hassle of taking-off an exhaust and then having to re-fit the new one again

So I'm now saving for a genuine Stainless Steel system - anybody know of a cheap but quality item?

#2 ·
Re: jdmhondaparts *DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER ON eBay*

Ive bought maybe 30 things from that seller and highly recommend him/her..
Delivery is fast considering its from the US.. products are always great!

If you spent £140 on an exhaust system and thought it was going to be good, then thats your mistake...
They do sell some cheaper stuff.. but you should look into that before you buy it..

#3 ·
Re: jdmhondaparts *DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER ON eBay*

I'm just putting this post up so others don't fall for their FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!

If it were Stainless Steel like stated in the description, I'd be happy and not bothered by the other little issues, like: not very good fitment and that......but its proper cheap tat.................also yes it arrived very quick even from the states.

I've found this one as a possible replacement:

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/honda-civic-coupe-cat-back-exhaust-system-9200-p-6.html

anybody had any experience with them??

note: this policy the seller uses is very clever, send a exhaust over to uk for peanuts and only offer refund / replacement on return of original system. This is the costing of what this experience could have cost someone:

£180 inc P&P for exhaust
£150 fitment
-------------------------------------
£150 to remove system from car in-order to send back to seller AS NOT STAINLESS STEEL
£100 postage
£150 in-order to have replacement system fitted
£730- in total

That would get you a very high quality known brand and fitment!

#13 ·
Re: jdmhondaparts *eBay SELLER* BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK

lmao did u never think to just chuck that exhaust and get a new one instead of wasting money shipping it back etc!!

or selling it on ebay to sum other idiot goin for the cheapy option??

have to say i nearly went down that route myself but came to my senses, my exhaust should be arriving tomorrow :D

and i now always have the comfort of contacting someone only across the sea in scotland if i am to have any problems!!

and "buy cheap, buy twice" couldnt be any truer, got a cheapy induction for my car and all its done is screech

in my ear for the last 6 months!! gettin another one soon anyways for the partial swap :)

Edit:

and also why did u spend £300 fitting and removing an exhaust system, cuda jus got off your arse and onto your back

for half an hour and fitted it yourself lol lol

#14 ·
Re: jdmhondaparts *eBay SELLER* BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Yes I've learnt my lesson from this, I said previously that this is what this could have cost someone.

I fitted it myself - but i'm not taking it off, sending it back etc.... to much hassel!! and shipment would probably be what i'd get refunded.

Yeh, once its off i'll paint it and re-sell once i've got replacement, if anyone will want it, and it isn't full of holes - then it'll go in the bin.

Looking around at mo for good not too expensive cat-back? any-help would be appreciated?

Edit:

also josh897 - i've got AEM short ram and in my opinion is quality! recommended.

makes a huge difference on my (b16a2) vti, when vtec kicks in it goes mental....

i used to have cheap ebay induction kit on my old 1.6 16v (non-vtec) crx - which not as good as AEM build wise gave same effect.

Edit:

nickyboy said:
"cheap but quality"

:confused:

yes this does exist m8!

on my old s13 i got full 3" exhaust off ebay think the seller was 2fast2cool or sumting, for pennies - and that was T-304 stainless steel which as said before would be impossible to rust!!!!! and yes that didn't rust!

there are some sellers on ebay that offer cheap stainless steel systems which are stainless steel - i'm just saying f*** this seller as it ain't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.