Honda Civic Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
the best way to set them up is to set them all at the same height from the bottom of the thread, then put the car down on them, measure from the wheel arch to the top of the rim, then get them balanced front a rear (up and down where applicable), i'm going to do a DIY on weight balancing soon but this requires more time and resources.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ok hugh that sounds likea good plan of attack! i will have access to the lifts all night so long as my mate remembers to ask if he can use them! so i have plenty of time to get them set up even if it takes all night (i have access to the garage until 8am) and then i got to go to work!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
lol
when i did mine last week, i set them all at 40mm above the bottom, then put the car down and it rode 7mm high at the back, so lowered the back (down do the spring seats up really tight at first, just so you can adjust them up and down quickly and easily, also don't do the wheels up dead tight as this all helps with the set up!!

yeah i'm expecting to spend a couple of hours on the plates getting my weight balance perfect, going to put 65kgs of balast in my seat to pretend the car has a driver lol :|]

·
Registered
780 Posts
na, you dont need compressors, wen i put my skunks on, with the car jacked up the spring sits 1 1/12 off the top hat so its no worry, even if there are tight you will only be adjusting them a small amount so you can do it with the spanners.

i woulc rccomend taping a cloth handle (that won't slip off) onto the spanners to make it easy to put plenty of pressure on them to tighen the seats onto each other

·
Registered
780 Posts
if you follow my guide in the diy section you should be all good.

you wont need the compressors to get the damper/spring assembly out of the wheel arch

you will need the compressors to get the top hats off the origional set up, as you require these to install the new ones, unless they come with new tops hats, which they might. if they do come with new ones its just atke off put on, easy as that

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
nah they didnt come with new tophats, i will have to use the old ones. i will just make sure its pointing at my mate and not be when i undo the bolts 3:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
they hurt if they come off without spring compressors!!! one of my strip lights about 30 foot away in the opposite direction found that out the hard way one day lol

41 - 60 of 61 Posts