Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,finally found someone who can do the conversion for me, he has a b16a2 engine with s80 gearbox and rear hubs etc, is going to do the engine plus fitting for 1800, is that a decent price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm theres me thinking it was a decent price.lol. hes charging me 600 for fitting of engine,gearbox,hubs,front and rear,external fuel pump,new fuel lines, about 180 to buy the external fuel pump plus new dash loom as he dont have them,and 1000 for the actual engine etc,

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ah the price of th labour is pretty good, the price of the engine isn't so great. Unless its a LSD box?

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah the labour is rather chep with the engine being expensive, so it sorta weights itself really. i would say its not too bad a price for it all in!!

but check arround tho and find out how many he's done and are people sattisfied with him, it he doesn't do many then i'd say try and barter him down on price a bit, all my own oppinion tho

·
Registered
332 Posts
like mentioned if your happy with the price then go for it, converting a dx is a lot of work, but a 1000 for a b16a2 is expensive! they usually go between £300-£650, i have one i might be selling for £450 and its mint! just dont want to sell it really but if i cant find a job soon then shes going

·
Registered
332 Posts
if your respondong to my post alec, then my spare b16a2 has done 71,000miles it came out of a 2000jordan civic. so its one of the very last ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts