Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=0:3q8m1ofd]1.jpg[/attachment:3q8m1ofd]
This is such a Very Good Idea that we're kicking ourselves for not thinking of it first, making our fortunes and retiring to Barbados with the Italian female beach volleyball team.

This is the Dynolicious application, a program for the iPhone and iTouch from BunsenTech. Basically, it uses the accelerometer in your iThingy to measure 0-60mph times, lateral Gs and even horsepower.

We're not quite sure how it'll manage the latter, but apparently it's got something to do with kerbweight and acceleration and, erm, the tide times. It sounds like witchcraft to us.

You don't need to plug your iPhone into your car or wire it up or anything complicated like that - Dynolicious does all of its clever stuff just sitting on your dash.

BunsenTech reckons it's accurate to within 0.08 of a second over a 0-60mph sprint. We haven't actually had a chance to test it out yet, but we'll let you know when we do.

Yes, it's a bit geeky, but we still want one. You can buy the Dynolicious application from iTunes for about 13 of your finest American dollars. It'll be a bit useless without an iPhone, though.

Source: Top Gear

Attachments

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know about you, but I'm getting this for my iPhone. I'll let you know how it goes!

It can be purchased via the iTunes App Store here and costs $12.99.

The Dynolicious website with more info can be found here.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I dont have an iphone but i want this!

Any chance of getting it on an LG Viewty :(?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i have n95 and used gps through a separate device and recorded speeds etc through nokia sport tracker

also had a g force meter on my pda with other programs that would do 0-60 etc using the separate gps.

the iphone should have a gps unit AND the acellerometer to get a more accurate set of figures.

my pda also had a thing where yo could record a "track" and then set times etc on it. pity the battery on it fucked up as i wanted to use it on the 'ring and im attending rockingham in november.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Stug I'm up for Rockingham as well let me know nearer to the time! I expect Hughbert will be back by then and will be up for it too

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
whatever car i have at the time i will be tracking it! hopefully still got the jordan (my luck will be that some twat doesnt see the yellow or my lights on and drives into it!)

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah it does. iv got a load of games that work with it just has to have the right plugin installed to use it.
(search for rotateme that deffo uses it for n95)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i didnt know this. my 18 MONTH contract runs out in nov. LOL

got it on my phone. it can tell if your shaking it!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
lol
well I messaged them and asked if it would be moved across and they said it wouldnt so either someone has to make there own in a simular way for N95 (I dont know anyone who can). or go out and get an iphone. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts