Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if this has been talked about before, pretty sure it must have at some point.

Anyways i found out today that the £446 insurance quote from tesco i had, was a load of bollocks, I never had a 3 year no claims bonus at all lol. It was a named driver no claim bonus which i had. I was with tesco car insurance n they quoted me 446 quid on my civic, that was with the 3 years 'imaginary no claims' (which i didnt do intentionally btw, i actually thot i had 3 years NCB), so tesco sent me a letter asking for proof of the 3 years NCB and after speaking to direct line, i was informed i have none. So i decided to go with direct line instead (and cancel my tesco insurance policy) as the woman told me the 3 years named driver NCB that i had with direct line, would be taking into account, so..she gave me a quote of £502, then as i mentioned 'm...m..modif...modifications' it all went pear shaped and she pretty much told me to fu*k off lol, couldnt get insured at all unless i was over 25.

So after being charged £24 for cancellin my tesco insurance earlier this afternoon, i had to go back to tesco (after having no luck at direct line) again but this time try get a quote not only with 'mmm...m..modifications' but also with my 0 years no claims bonus *har har har*

and ive now went from paying £446 to a wallet melting £1396 </3 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( </3 Im a student ffs, this type o money doesnt grow on trees and i only get paid £279 a month from tesco lmao. Ill survive im sure but i look at it this way, if i had crashed or someone had crashed into me with me being insured with the £446 policy then i woulda had to pay all the damages myself as i technically didnt have the 3 years no claims bonus.

Does anyone know any good insurance companies which are a little sounder on mods ? And what kinda prices are the rest o you guys/gals paying for your insurance?

I was told by a m8 admiral, but i tried them and they quoted me almost £2K, and the cheapest one i got was £1500 before i tried tesco, the dearest was £5111 from confused.com, tesco seemed to be my only option giving me the quote of £1396.

On a lighter note tho, my exam results came through this mornin', passed them all, so im onto my final year at uni. And im really glad as i wasnt wantin to resit 3rd year for the 2nd time, once was quite enough lol. Failed like 8 exams last year wen i was doin 3rd year for my first time, passed 6 of the modules at the resits during summer, but coz i failed 2 they wanted me to sit the whole year again. Passed it easy pish, just cant w8 to leave to make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

<3 <3 <3 <3

·
Registered
351 Posts
well done on your exams
what mods have been done ?
try adrian flux or elephant

confussed is a scam it dont tell you real insurance companys quotes (not that elephant is)
the best for moded insurance are in the back of the wank mags, fastcar , max power etc. honda tuning and japanesses tuner are good ones
i pay 350 fullycomp with the wheels on the policy im 24 with 5 years ncb next year they will let me mod it (cant wait)

becoming a factory worker and not using it to get to work helped my policy
white lies are ok

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys ! Ive basically got a bodykit on the motor and alloys, and the rest doesnt exist like my window tints etc (havnt got any heavy mods done like turbos or anything like that). Ill have a look and see what other quotes i get, although ive already paid the £280 deposit for tesco lol. I think if i had taken out an insurance policy in my own name when i passed my test, this would of allowed me to collect my own NCB. But with 0 years no claims, im gonna b stuck with quite a high premium no-matter where i try. Being only 21 doesnt help too much either, most of them said 25 and it wouldnt be as much. Cheers for the input tho (^_^).

·
Registered
132 Posts
unfortunatly mods do increase insurance by a lot and having 0 NCB does not help
im 22 and have 4 years NCB protected and my insurance on my civic no mods is £600 a year fully comp and thats with admeral (NCB protection cost me a massive £150 extra :( )
cheapest insurance iv ever had was admeral with my nova 1.2 £400 a year fully comp 3 yrs NCB with full respray loads of exterior mods, lowering 65mm, full SR body kit lights, lots of interior mods, alloys, exhaust and IK.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I've gone with Admiral after scouring all the comparison sites and checking some direct, I found the best price for me:

Car is a 2004 1.6 Sport, in black. (which I'm going to pick up and pay for this afternoon)

I'm 23, still on a provisional, 0 NCB with my girlfriend on as a named driver but she doesn't live with me, so we don't get a discount, but to be fair, I didn't know there was a discount for couples... Can't use her NCB as it's still tied up in our old car 'til next month when we sell it.

Anyway, they offered me a quote for 10 months at £784.55 - but after the 10 months are up, provided I haven't claimed, I'll get a full years' NCB for myself, which will be handy for next year...

I can't fucking wait 'til I go and pick up my new Civic in a few hours! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
think of your self as lucky, im 18 ncb 1 year driving experiance full uk licence got a 1994 eg6 160 bhp no mods £3500 lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
v-tec said:
think of your self as lucky, im 18 ncb 1 year driving experiance full uk licence got a 1994 eg6 160 bhp no mods £3500 lol
:eek: Christ! You pay that?! Thats not insurance thats rape!

·
Registered
16 Posts
haha yeh but fuk it, i mean if i didnt spend it on insurance, the money would get wasted on ****, drink and other stuff, at least this way im driving something i want and not forced to cos of insurance.

"nae time for hingin aboot, just hud the whore flat oot"

v-tec all the way

1 - 20 of 32 Posts