Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive been getting loads of insurance quotes and the best for me (19 with 2 yrs NCB) is with elephant/admiral and thats with my dad whose got TONS of years holding his license, this puts it to 1100 fully comp on a civic sport.

Now what i dont understand is that when i put my gf as a named driver also, it goes down to 985 and shes 20 and had her licese for 6 months lol. Not complaining but i wouldve thought the price would go up?

Also the main question i want to ask is about the policy cover. I dont know whether to pick SDP or SDP + Commuting. I go to uni 3 times a week so thats classed as commuting i guess? but will it really affect your claims (if you have any). If i choose SDP it drops to 945, which is obviously better for me.

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
its cheaper because female drivers get a better rate and by putting her on you are saying that she will be driving the car some times which will make it (theoratically and statistically ) at less risk during this time ,i know a guy who put his wife on and it got cheaper and she didnt even have a full license :confused:
also i would not say that uni is a commute you commute to work , just how i see it anyway.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmm I put my bf on the insurance the day he passed his test, and it took us down by 100 quid straightaway lol Anyway, I'm with Paul - uni is not commuting.. or the school run.. ;)

Does your household/ contents insurance provider do discount for additional motor ins?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts