Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, I didnt know where else to post.

I just bought an EG9, I went to do an insurance quote and I got

£4911.92 - Total
£396.09 x 11
£984.58 Deposit - P/M

Zenith

Just wandering if that's a decent enough quote because I am getting ridicuilous quotes, worse than trying to insure my Prelude.

Groupama - £ 17396.00
Endsleigh - 16874.37

I mean thats totally ridicuilous for a 17 year old soldier, I will never be able to afford anything within that price range!!.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know my prelude was only a total cost of £6548.74 for a whole year and that's a 2.2 and I was looking at about £7-8 Per Anual Year with companies like Groupama and Endsleigh. I hate insurance companies :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zeppelin101 said:
You must live in some ghetto postcode to be getting that sort of quote
Aberdeen is famous for the underaged ned's who steal bikes but there is rarley any car theif's around here, but it's all to do with the neds stealing motorbikes, when your post code is AB your insurance goes SKY HIGH.

I just bought them cause I had the money to get another Honda :p. I've insured my Prelude, just the EG which is costing more than the prelude which confuses me so much.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ryrie said:
I know my prelude was only a total cost of £6548.74 for a whole year
ONLY?!?! Holy fuck thats not insurance thats fucking rape! I can't believe you acturally paid that for insurance! I think I would stretch to £2k max and it would have to be something truely mental to warrent spending that much. I wouldn't insure the CRX for 2k and that would rinse a Prelude.

It would have to be fully built and running about 400bhp before I would spend up to £2k on insurance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
The trouble is your age. At aged 17 (back in 1998) I paid £1200 to insure a 1.3 MG metro worth £500.

Try a company called Quinn, they may be able to help.

Not any point in trying us, you do not meet the criteria to get on the car club scheme

Ollie
Sky Insurance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the car club scheme?

·
Registered
109 Posts
mathewp80 said:
yeah mate quinn direct are good thats who im with , im 18 and drive a 1.4 ej9 and im paying just under 2k , every were else was trying to get 3k of me
That's still obscene, I was moaning about paying 1k on my EG3, thankfull said EG3 with a much better engine still tops out at a grand but only just.

Which oddly enough makes it cheaper to do, insure and probably run than a VTi. Crazy.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i was £2600 to insure a crx at 18, just passed my test

now at 22 i can insure my crx JDM import with all mods and points, 6, declared for just under £700 and with the B20 fitted i will be paying around £1000-£1200 and im in a dundee postcode!

just to add i didnt pay the 2600 premium hence my 6 points, year ban and £200 fine, i learnt my lesson ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I was paying £700 on my EK3 at 17-19 and curently pay £650 on the BMW at 20.

Having a dad who used to work in the trade might help though ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
skyinsurance said:
Ryrie said:
Whats the car club scheme?
We offer a discount to members of car clubs, but only subject to meeting criteria (eg aged over 19 with 2 years driving experience)
am i right in saying you wont insure under 23's on a type R?

·
Registered
32 Posts
mathewp80 wrote:yeah mate quinn direct are good thats who im with , im 18 and drive a 1.4 ej9 and im paying just under 2k , every were else was trying to get 3k of me
Thats weird because i got a 1.4 ej9 aswell and im paying only £770 for the year, with admiral and im only 19

1 - 20 of 46 Posts