Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1.7 Honda Stream petrol-manual car. I need a D17A2 engine however as you know it is very hard to find it. Do you have any recommendation, instead of D17A2, can I put different engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea you can put any engine you like into it with a bit of work

are you looking a power increase in anyway? as this is ideally the time to just drop a more powerful b-series engine in (b16a/b18c??)

if not go for the d16y8 or the d16z6, theyl both be about 125 bhp same as your d17a2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for reply Josh :p , however my repearer said, if we use different engine we cannot fit the electricty system or etc. what do you think, which engine look like mine too much. :(

Edit:

hi again,

Can I swap K20A1 honda stream 2.0 petrol engine, instead of my D17A2 honda stream 1.7 petrol engine. If so, Will I face any problem while fitting

thanks

josh897 said:
yea you can put any engine you like into it with a bit of work

are you looking a power increase in anyway? as this is ideally the time to just drop a more powerful b-series engine in (b16a/b18c??)

if not go for the d16y8 or the d16z6, theyl both be about 125 bhp same as your d17a2

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea you can put it in but you will need the whole front end of the car really, gearbox wiring loom ecu etc, it wont be a simple issue of just dropping the engine in but im sure its not going to be the hardest swap in the world, if you want an easy cheap swap try keep to the same engine series, but if you are going for a power increase you pretty much have one of the most powerful standard d-series engines there are which is sadly probably only around 125-130bhp
you will also need things like the engine mounts which if you dont buy with the engine can be farely expensive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts