Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i want an induction kit but dont want to spend loads of money, now everyone says that the cheap ones are crap, i dont see why though, all the filter does is stop bugs and leaves etc getting in correct? so what does a more expensive one give you a cheap one doesnt?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will eventually, but cant afford it now, im getting the car re-sprayed at the min, new alloys coilovers etc so got to pay for all that first then i need an everyday car, then the TURBO! it will come just give it time...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol what bhp you planning on running?

dont suppose you know where i can find a hondata ecu with a pre map on it do ya?

·
Registered
770 Posts
im aiming for 210whp on a stock block.

http://WWW.XENOCRON.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can send you out a replacement ECU with a hondata S300 unit installed running a basemap. i using them but im getting a replacement ECU chipped with crome running a basemap.

but any preloaded ECU map will only be good for getting you to a dyno for a propper map, they're not a permanent solution and should not be driven hard on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, im hoping for 250 on stock but im not sure yet i might rebuild the engine and aim for alot higher, but im very impatiant and dont think i could wait each month for more funds lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jackt360 said:
Okay i want an induction kit but dont want to spend loads of money, now everyone says that the cheap ones are crap, i dont see why though, all the filter does is stop bugs and leaves etc getting in correct? so what does a more expensive one give you a cheap one doesnt?

You dont want to spend money on something that filters one of the main ingredients of combustion in your engine, are you mad?! Do some research and spend a decent amount on a decent filter

Also consider matching the length of the intake pipe the filter is mounted onto to suit your set up as it makes a difference to where you make power

Air filter tests....
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts