Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought an induction kit off of ebay this one here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0071756029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't fit my car, so I am gonna try get a refund, hopefully I can...

Anyway I went to a near by sports car shop, they sell EVERYTHING and asked what induction kits will fit on my car. Apparantly if your car is not a VTEC or VTi you cannot put an induction kit on it?

He said I can either upgrade my engine or put stock honda air filter on it. What do you guys think?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Go back to that shop and slap whoever told you that around the face.

Of course you can put an induction kit on. Just don't get one like the one you linked to. Go to K&N or whatever good manufacturer you like, fill in your model and it will tell you what system will fit your car.

I then put that item code into eBay and buy it, but you can buy them various different way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My air inlet, is ontop of my choke. I know on VTEC's and VTi's it's on the side. Is there anyway you can help me find the right induction kit please? It's a 97 LS coupe 1.6i and it's an EJ6 I believe.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
You really can mate. Just choose "Civic" and then pick the correct one from the list!

Or go to one of many other air induction kit manufacturers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have one of them on my eg and its sounds quite loud whn the vtec kicks in i wouldnt mind a aem v2 but a bit expensive :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
omg you blew 100 quid on a filter that loses you power? damn man atleast when you buy stuff do some research into what actually works, honda engines are designed to make power using the presurised air box system so the best filteris a panel filter, i had HKS hybrid filter and the torque up was impressive ive tried the hole cone filter and its disapointing to say the least

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait a sec? Who are you to tell me what to buy a what not to buy. If you're gonna give advice, do it in a friendly manner or don't do it at all cos it's not welcome like that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thats a fair shout i admit i was a bit harsh, ive seen it too many times though, best thing to do if you wana go the cone type route is get any old cheap one and get a pipe link off ebay all in all about 35 quid

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah on a turbo'd evo or something not on a 1.4 honda civic. If anything they loose power on small displacements.

·
Registered
36 Posts
they only sound decent on mpfi's too, the reason i started saying that is if you look at all the top racing brands like spoon, mugen (especially) and buddyclub youl find they all use airboxes, i spoke to 1 of the buddyclub uk mechanics and he said the reason they dont use just plain cone filters on their cars is because they dont work, them dyno graphs prove they add about 1-5hp but they take that 1-5hp from 1 end of the power band to another mostly its the low end that suffers and it gets moved to high end

1 - 20 of 37 Posts