Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 6th gen civic 1.4 3dr hatchback and was wandering is there any way of me increaseing the bhp of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much would it cost to do a engine swap or mini-me conversion and how much will it increase by?

·
Registered
770 Posts
mini-me will be alot cheaper and you can easily do it yourself with abit of guidence.

a guy on d-series was making 140bhp N/A with a d14 block and d16 head.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that how much would it set me back? would i just buy the head or would i have to buy other stuff aswell?

·
Registered
770 Posts
not really a build im fimailar with but i think you need a D16Z6 head, D16Z6 dizyy, APR custom studs and a timing belt. im not sure what timing belt you need though.

the whole setup will need a tune though.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

go to the "adding vtec to a d14" section down the left handside, that gives you all you need to know!!

im currently trying to collect the parts for the conversion at the moment and hope to get it done in a few months!!

tbh without completely ripping out the engine and putting in a new system a mini-me conversion with a gd

intake manifold and exhaust system is the best thing to do with the d14s

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
why not save money until you can afford a faster car and insurance for it!

modifying a car and not declaring it, is breaking the law, and also declaring modifications means you may have to spend from 1/3 to 1/4 more on your insurance! and major modifications like an engine swap can make insurance more expensive than just insuring the car that the engine came from! as well as any labour costs to fit the engine!

·
Registered
770 Posts
the trick is to fit it all yourself, thats the whole point of modifying IMO.

i hate it when people say "how much will XXXXXXX cost to be installed"

i also hate people that buy a pre-modifed cars and then talk shit about all mods on it :mad:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unfortunately, as much as I hate myself for saying this, since I was previously a D series fan. The simplest and easiest way forward is to go B series. I pissed about a lot with my D16. I'm sorry clinchy, but you'll see the light one day my friend.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It depends on what you want really Vince, I have got a boosted D in my CRX and will be going for a N/A high comp on a B18 to go in my next car. (was thinking about ITBs as well)

I will end up with the best of both worlds then :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Tempting but not planning to spend that much money on it really.

Plan is to get the EG shell that I have seen and then get a writen off MB6 or an aerodeck and then use all the stuff that I need from there to build the EG. Will then throw that onto LPG, sell the BMW and use it as a daily driver. Thats the plan anyway, just so long as everything happens as I'm hoping it will.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't know really, depends on the engine. I guess you could say if you have a full system, including manifold, highflow/decat, and the cat back of the system, you might free up 5-10bhp (probably get you back up to stock power!), but you could probably gain that by merely having it dyno'd at two different places since the readings can be so far out lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts