Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
just a quick question about import eg6's, does anyone know if they are restricted to the jap speed of 180 k/hr ?
if so do you just remap it and thats it derestricted, or wat do u hav to do?

my mates needin a import eg6 after a shot of mine ;) haha

peace out tec lovers

·
Registered
253 Posts
I heard that when you do a speedo conversion it unrestricts the limiter, but not sure if its restricted or not. I heard that the EK9 was restricted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
na, eg6's wont be restricted, a bit too old id think! i want a shot of a eg6 sir now! to see the diff between our ukdm eg6! anyone willing to do a swap about for a trial? sir vs vti? ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha well sir eg6's come with 170 bh standard uk eg6's 160 bh but would probly be very close, fastest one i think would be the driver on his reation times

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you go get a imported eg6 stright from the auction house it'll be restricted to 122mph when it come over the pond( as this is the speed that most cars in japan do due to the law over there)Fact! When the speedo is changed the restriction will Not be taken off you either have to buy a new ecu( uprated hondadata is best) or just get the restiction taken off which is what i did, it cost bout £100 but made my lil beast hit 160 on the dyno woop woop at 165.2 bhp.

Also with the lsd you must not foget that it is a factory extra so if you want one with lsd you have to look for LSD stamped on top of the bell housing. sumthing i didnt do :cry:

Ps although you think they come with 170 bhp they actualy dnt!!?? they are 167bhp ive been looking into this and found it to be correct!

And no the uk ep3 doesnt have lsd unless you buy it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts