Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I've just gone and bought myself a 1996 p reg 1.4 16v in cossack grey.
2 owners before me. The last one has modified it quite nicely. i just want to change the wheels and get rid of the induction kit (carbon pipercross kit). Also its got a 1400w sub and 600w amp which i've decided to take out although it is quite a laugh having it wound up :)

But im after a few suggestions...its got 17" wolfrace wheels on it atm in grey which i don't think suit the car too well so i plan to take them off and sell them...
But im after some 15s/16s probably and im curious as to what tyre size i should be fitting. The 17" have got 205/40-r17 v speed rating.... anyone know what the original wheel and tyre size was.

Im also after an original airbox if anyone can help :)

Many Thanks,

Tim.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude!

By any chance did you buy this off a guy in Leicester?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have an origional Airbox off an EK3 they are probably the same PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its from harelston in norfolk.
originally registered in ipswich. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Alright cool, just sounds like one that was up for sale near here and it was a rip off! :lol: No worries though, get some pics up soon! 8-|

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it may have been (makes worried face) i have a tendancy to buy rubbish cars without knowing.
but i will get photo's up as sooon as i can.
really want to get the wheels sorted first. :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about dude! :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hay there dude, welcome to the site.
Question: how come your taking off the Pipercross kit??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems to drink fuel. :( not good!
but i work in a garage and me and a couple of the boys had a rite go through everything but can only put it down to the piper cross.
but its gone through 22ltrs in 180 miles. but then again im comparing it to my old saxo vtr which i used to get 55mpg out of regular :)
until i put the boot in...... lol.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmmm, i cant imagine how the kit would change the cars drinking habbits. Are you sure you don't have a small hole in the fuel pod, or leaky fuel cables??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i can't seem to find any sort of leak anywhere....
but then again ive worked iot out to 37.5 mpg so iguess that isn't too bad.....
i dunno im new to all this lol.
but yeah my biggest worry to sort is wheels......

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
37.5mpg is pretty good for a civic mate

·
Registered
943 Posts
^^^^i'd say!

9 times outta 10 though, fuel consumption is crap because people are putting they're foot down more as they are enjoying the sound of the induction kit and obviously using more fuel!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't hear the induction over the mugen back box (apparently that coast nearly £300) :O
thats why im getting rid of the sub. you just can't hear it lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hiya i get about 40 mpg out of my civic so 37 aint bad. as far as alloys im going to put some on but im going for 195/45 R15's tyres, i cant remember off the top of my head what the original wheels are at the min but will have a look later for you.
if you are deff getting rid of induction kit and are going to sell it cheap i might be intrested (depend on what 1.4 engine you have) :p (i dought that it will make much differance in fuel consumption unless using right foot more to hear it roar lol)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks very much :)
i havn't decided about the induction kit yet.
wheels first. but then with 15"s the next question im asking myself is lowering it.....
so much to do so little time lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well thats the thing i was trying to find out the original tyre size so i can work off it to get another set but keep it in proportion so it doesn't affect the speedo reading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive been advised to go for 195/45/15 tyres and then lowering it by 40mm. is that the done thing is it normally? to avoid arch rub etc?

·
Registered
943 Posts
with 15's and a 40mm drop i'm pretty sure there will be no rub whatsoever dude

1 - 20 of 31 Posts