Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving to Norway in a few months and would really like a more powerful engine for those motorways :p

So I came across this sale on eBay. Looks great! What do people think?

Also my current 1.4 non-VTEC has only done around 22,000 miles, so does anybody know how much I could sell that for?

According to the seller, only minor loom changes would be needed to make it fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what "An Exchange Unit will be required after delivery" means really. I was hoping to sell my 1.4 separately.

Yeah I'll do it myself. I would like to know exactly what loom changes are required though.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, you've got me convinced! (cheaper too). However how much engine bay modification would be needed to make it fit?

Anyone up for giving me a hand one weekend?!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
not a massive modification however you will need to buy some mounts for it which could get expensive, my mate has a spare h22 lying around which you might be able to buy off him (i was going to put it in mine but cant afford to have it off the road for too long). Its an auto tranny though so i dont know what you would need to do to get it onto a manual box.

Damn your cars done 22k :| no wonder its so tidy!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Alec said:
Good god that's alot of work. I'm looking for a weekend project :)

Reckon a mini-me would suit better?
Sleep is for the weak! just do a 48 hour stint!

TBH i think your better off doing a mini-me because you will have to upgrade brakes and suspension as well!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few weeks off road is not an option unfortunately.

As Matt said I would also have to upgrade the suspension and brakes, and probably the axles also.

I think I'll go for a mini-me on this civic. Might buy another small car as a project and put some beast of an engine in it :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts