Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is the 1st time i`ve been on here, so hello to all, i just have question about wheels... ive just bought my 1st civic (`97 1.4i ej9) and i want to put better tyres on it , only problem is that the stock wheels currently have 175/70 13" tyres and i cant get a decent set in that size ... so i want to know if there are any other wheels that have the same stud patteren but allow me to put some decent rubber on... now the tricky bit.. they need to be steel so my insurence is still valid, im only 18 and wont be able to get insurence on a "modified" civic. Does anyone have any ideas, thanks jos.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Why don't you put on a set of 15/16" standard Honda wheels on. That way your insurance shouldn't really say anything as those wheels are standard Honda wheels and can be found on all Civic's. Worth trying maybe?? You could always just not tell your insurance?

Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the club mate

Have you checked with your insurance company as a lot of them don't charge extra for non-perfomance enhancing mods these days. As Chris said, stick some Honda alloys on there and it could still be classed as standard :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
All EG and EK models have came with either 15's or 16's the models after 2000/2001 all now have 5 stud alloys so be careful which year/model you buy from.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help, i think i might put honda alloys on, i`ll have to search ebay to find some. Oh and one more thing im not to sure about , ive got 175`s on at the moment how wide can i go before they start to rub on the arches?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
at the end of this week i will have some 14" wheels for sale. 185/60 r14. they are original honda wheels in a 4x100 variety. i'll be using them while my jordan wheels are being painted. just so my car isnt on axle stands! had to get 14" instead of steelies as i have larger front disc brakes than would fit under steel wheels! i drove with them on the other day and they are straight and have no wobbles or buckles and the tires are balanced correctly. didnt know if my car was going to be without wheels for a week or just a weekend so had to get some proper ones. i'm sure its possible to match the width and profile and find some decent tires for them! they'll be in the for sale section when i'm done with them!

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like they are a straight swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate, i`m interested in them.. have you got any pics ? And where are you? I live in milton keynes, i dont really want to be driving the length of the country to pick them up :)
Cheers jos.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
if your willing to wait i could probably get them nearer to MK as i will probably be travelling near there on the way to my gf's.
i havent painted my wheels yet though (plan on doing it this weekend!)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
still dont know yet. havent got paint. i think they should stay original really. much easier to refurb (as me and my brother are doing it!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts