Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is entented for eg's only and dont know if it works on anyother models!

if you have a look underneath your glovebox to the very left hand side you will find a space containing two leads
[attachment=2:1eet9rgs]Photo-0496.jpg[/attachment:1eet9rgs] sealed in a plastic cover,[attachment=1:1eet9rgs]Photo-0497.jpg[/attachment:1eet9rgs] they might be a bit difficult to pull out but they will! once you have it out one of the leds will have a split connection,[attachment=0:1eet9rgs]Photo-0498.jpg[/attachment:1eet9rgs] to acitvate the diasnostic codes,all you have to do is get a split pin or something similar and bridge both connections together whilst the engine is off, turn you engine to the ON position and you will get a series of lights from your dash. depending on how many times the lights flash, if they are short or long flashes etc will indicate the probelm your engine has for example 1 long blink and six shorts blinks is a code 16(fuel injector) i will add pics to help people locate and also try to find the website that as all the codes on it and stick it to this. hope this hepls!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
would this only show error codes that when driving normally the engine light is on? or highlight other non-serious problems that occur without causing an engine light? or both?

when getting error codes on my fiesta it was possible to recieve problem codes (which can be looked up with 4 digits) which didnt always bring an engine light fault.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would show all problems both with and without engine warning light, so its real handy in finding out whats exactly wrong, without paying for a dysnostic! spelt wrong but nevermind!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
15mins thats were i have been going wrong , my data said disconnect bat for 10 secs , do you have any info for ecu temp sensors or blink code chart for stored errors ,
i am so disapointed that a japanese car on an N plate is using such an old fashion way of diagnostics , there going backwards
i have german car on a M plate that uses a 16 pin obd socket which i can plug my diagnostic machine straight into and take live data reading and everything.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i have the chart for all error codes, if you tell me what its throwing up, i'll tell you the error! :) could you check the diasnostic in the german car the way you are doing it in the civic? it may be old but it saves you the dollar of taking it to the garage.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
no mate i have bosch kts 650 diagnostic machine to hand but it wont do blink codes , it operates dash boards tests factory stereos ,live engine data scans ,abs ,air bags, loads of stuff even on older cars but not hondas with blink codes ,
blink codes are medieval they used to use them in the old days of veichle diagnostics i was a bit shocked to find a honda on a 95 plate with it to be honest , being japanese they should have pulled there fingers out and sorted something better by now they are meant to be ahead of the electronic game not behind .there are cars out there at 91 giving proper diagnostics.

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/teDiag4.asp?c=2&d=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

link to my machine i use daily .

·
Registered
73 Posts
well the guy that fittd my new engine 4 me said the engine light is on because its a new engine been put in and everything has been disconnectd??????? i might just put it to a garage to stick it on the machine thing its only £30 or sumthing

·
Registered
12 Posts
i tried the diagnostic fault code...and when i bridge the two together i get a solid light what does that mean???

changed from a solid light to a repeatedly flashing light!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts