Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
since i am not english, i do not know the labour prices for rust removal and rear arches respray on my 1995 ej2 coupe...

could anyone give me a rough estimated costs??

ps: i was quoted 300pounds for two sides, with a repsray of half of both backpanels...by a reallly good bloke...
what you reckon??
I live in Shrewsbury, West midlands

·
Registered
351 Posts
if you live in shrewsbury go to bellebrook bodycraft on featherbed lane
its before the mini roundabout for the old tescos/audi set back abit .next to peugot and the carpet shop i think (been a few years since i worked there ...things change) but its there .
may cost a little more but the finish is worth it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks all

i ma living that to Viking motors, bloke looks decent,

he will cut out the arch, and put eg hatch one in, hope it works, but it is not my problem, in a way

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh, but we compared hatch one and its all the same where i need it
or is it not, what u reckon?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
if you compared them up against each other your only looking for the shape , even if it differed slightly you wouldnt notice if the jobs done really well ,
depending on your look on cars i would take this option to get a slightly wider arch to accomadate wider rear wheels and tyres but thats me , sorry back on track if your happy with the match and the welder/body repairer is happy get it sorted before and after pics is always nice too .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
done now, had to pay 400 pounds, as there was some more rot under the side skirts, and on inner arches, holes you could put your hand through,
bloke did not fit the side skirts properly, they stik out abit, said because of rotten holders they deformed,
is this possible ?? i am gettign new ones soon so not that much bothered, but just curious if he is bulsh....ng me or not o_O

·
Registered
132 Posts
they might be designed to stick out a bit which means they sunk in (deformed) due to rotten holders or if they wernt ment to then they were still in the right place on the rotten holders (no deformation) and when he repaired them (assuming the holders were in the places he repaired) then they should have put new holder at the same spot so fitment is the same.
£400 for all that work does sound like a reasonable price :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Simon :D
as i said i am buying new one shortly, so i will care about hose to be fitted nicely :)
thanks again y'all 8-|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts