Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
try tdi in manchester, ask for paul (mainly ep civics)

or cpl down south, there in the reccomended shops (all hondas)

both are good but quite expensive, as far as i remember dan pid £750 for his, inc ecu and set up (don't quote me on tht tho)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think my keys have a chip in them that gets checked by sensors when the keys put in the ignition and the remote locking is infrared so was charged 30 to get one i got off ebay coded.

ebay-hondata unit for b16a2 96-00 civic vti..... like a needle in a haystack.....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i want it mapped i only need s100 or s200......but if i want to map it myself-s300.....anyone got any experience with these? plus i'm going to need a laptop too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
theres a lad here at uni in his 2nd year, had 2yr experience mapping omex ecu's talk to him he knows his stuff!!
also you only 150bhp as standard?? thort they were 160-170??

·
Registered
370 Posts
mapping aint too bad tried a bit myself. wiv a honda cbr!!if you can get a cheap rolling road then thats one step. you can get a basic map for the car with the ecu normally but then you can tweak it yourself/professional to work even better to your spec. you may aswell get manifold and breathing sorted first.

oops bit of an old post :D:D

·
Registered
370 Posts
you could re map it but as with most hondas they are pretty well setup already. if you are putting on breathing mods and exh, getting a new cam and port polishing then maybe get it remapped. im sure you can't remap a standard ecu but if you buy a new one like this thread suggests thats ALOT of money. you can buy chips which you insert into teh loom and that changes the map slightly which can give you alot more response and power. they aren't cheap either

·
Registered
370 Posts
well yeh i doubt there will be a chip for this engine as it is not really aimed at performance but you could look around.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts