Honda Civic Forums banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
as i still have my v6 calibra at the moment unfortunately its is a tad high for a 35 year old

2.5 v6 24v calibra

10 years no claims

600 quid a year with mileage shaved down to 7k a year

54 quid a month

this is on a slight modified v6 body with standard engine with mods declared

elephant insurers

hopefully with my going to a vti /vtis mb6 it will cost 15-20 quid cheaper than my existing insurance

·
Registered
18 Posts
just as we were talking about this , i rang my insurance today to see what my renewal would be for the calibra (until i get a vtec ) and they quoted me 670 a gain this year so nothing had changed from last year until i told the customer rep that how come if i became a first customer i can get it for 382 on monthly installments but this price excluded breakdown cover and she soon gave me a quote where i was paying :

54 quid per month for 12 mths from last years cover

and immediately she said they could give me a discount on my breakdown cover but keep the package the same and i would be paying :

38 per month for 12mths

How the hell can they shaft us like this and then when i gave her a example of how much id be paying for the civic (but that would be a transfer from the v6 ) she said it would be around the same dropped price but i think it may be cheaper as its two groups lower

so nice result at the moment

·
Registered
18 Posts
guys

i had a new development today , i rang up aa breakdown and ive opted to get cover for both me and the other half which covers us both as driver or passenger and it costs us together £13 per mth , so ive dropped my breaakdown off my insurance and hers and weve actually saved another £16 per mth between us.
So together its a saving of 200 + for this years insurance between two cars get in there..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am with Chris Knott.

3 Years NCB.

No Points.

£480 (via Direct Debit)

31 years old.

Great service and smashed any quote from sky who I thought would have been cheaper.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
20 years old
2 years NCB

£558 on a EP2
£730.12 on a H22/Ek3

Admiral Btw.

And before you say how?!"£", I live in the moor's and have a discount with Farmer's union. :thumbup: and i have a respected job according to insurer's

·
Registered
18 Posts
jonnyl888 said:
20 year old male
1 year 5 months license
0 NCB
2004 1.6 Sport
Third party fire and theft
£1240 with Elephant

How much does it get cheaper with 1 year NCB?
Honda Civic Sport 1.6
20 year old male
license held for 2 year 4 months
1 year NCB
Fully Comp
£1184 with elephant.co.uk

Third party fire and theft wasnt alot cheaper when i was looking for quotes, it came to like £1120 so i payed a little extra
My insurance came down from £2100 i was 19, now im 20 1 year later with 1 year NCB and i saved nearly 1k :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
9 years protected NCB

female age 37

£450 with LV but I do have a discount through GMB union. Insurance on high side cos I apparently have a dodgy postcode!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
EliteWarfare said:
jonnyl888 said:
20 year old male
1 year 5 months license
0 NCB
2004 1.6 Sport
Third party fire and theft
£1240 with Elephant

How much does it get cheaper with 1 year NCB?
Honda Civic Sport 1.6
20 year old male
license held for 2 year 4 months
1 year NCB
Fully Comp
£1184 with elephant.co.uk

Third party fire and theft wasnt alot cheaper when i was looking for quotes, it came to like £1120 so i payed a little extra
My insurance came down from £2100 i was 19, now im 20 1 year later with 1 year NCB and i saved nearly 1k :D
How come yours is sooo high, mines £700 on the same car. held my licence for 2 years 9 months, and im 20yr old

And thats without any of my insurance aids ! with my aids its more like 5/600. :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
AdrianEJProject said:
How come yours is sooo high, mines £700 on the same car. held my licence for 2 years 9 months, and im 20yr old

And thats without any of my insurance aids ! with my aids its more like 5/600. :thumbup:
i live in a really shitty area of Ipswich (nacton if anyone wants to know where i mean) alot of theft and vandalism according to insurance companies :( ..... i claimed my exhaust and my induction kit also which brought it up from £900.... but im happy im not paying £2000 again thats for sure

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My EJ9 was £214 per month.

I've just got my EP2 a month ago and it's only £892 for the year.

I'm 20 with 1 year NCB.
No accidents.

Good times.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts