Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, found the forum via a google search so thought i would join up, bought my civic a week ago and enjoying it so far.
Last four cars have all been preludes but now have small child and the GF was complaining so the civic was the next obvious choice to get.

Heres a pic of the car, put the wheels on the other day there Lenso RS5's have also fitted a CAI. Next thing on the list is exhaust and then lots of chasis upgrades, its not bad in the bends but a bit boaty so needs stiffened up and lowered.

Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hey Alan, welcome to HCF.

Nice looking car. That thing will just keep going and going :)

Have you considered a non-standard front grill, something like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, havent seen that grill before its very simaler to the 5th gen prelude grill,

Had planned to decrome the grill and colour match it to the car but it seems everyone does this and i usually prefer to be a bit differnt.

On another note i rembember a link somewhere that said how many of a certain car were left on the roads, as there were only 900 vtis made i was interested to see how many were left i.e not scrapped or written off. Any one shed any light?

thanks
alan

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
!st one was a red UKDM all very basic, with a few subtle mods, then that span a rod bearing at 200k miles.

Then i bought my black lude which was turboed and made 280hp was a nice car i have pics somewhere, i bought everything needed to full uprate internals but split with gf and hads to sell which was a shame.

Then my blue one which i have still now, 183hp standard and got it to 204hp N/A that is a fast car as well smooth power delivery and power right to redline of 8krpm. was chuffed with this car as the H-series are a bitch to make power on, guess i got lucky

It will be for sale very soon to just sending it for mot next week so may stick it up on here see if it gets any interest.

Unsure on what to do with the civic the noise of the B18 makes me want to stick n/a high comp build and throttle bodies, but the easiness of turboing with a bolt on kit appeals more. Would buy it in a kit have it running on the drive in a weekend and then mapped at the tunners i practically live next door to who knows crome well ;)

Have the prelude and an astra to sell which will give me about 3k to play with so watch this space.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Alan-VTIS said:
Unsure on what to do with the civic the noise of the B18 makes me want to stick n/a high comp build and throttle bodies, but the easiness of turboing with a bolt on kit appeals more. Would buy it in a kit have it running on the drive in a weekend and then mapped at the tunners i practically live next door to who knows crome well ;)
Nice plan ;) I have been thinking about my next project once the CRX is done which might end up as a high comp TB'd B16 as I doubt I will be able to squeeze a turbo into the bay that the engine is going into.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it would def be fun, whats the B16 going into? We have a CRX sat at the minute in a bit of a state, needs the suspension struts rewelded and lots of body work doing but it was free so we dont care lol

Plan is to put a h22 in there at some point but money is very tight so collected all the parts to rebuild an engine i.e block pistons all from various random places and i left it in a garge came back weeks later it had flooded and everything was knackered ;( Plus i solod my spare h22 two months ago lol so now need another one.

Oh the joys missus will leave me if i dont get my shit together with all these and my mates missus will do the same haha

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm planning a VTEC mini at the moment, my friend is looking for a shell for me for my Christmas present so hopefully go from there ;)

I was thinking about putting the spare H22 that I have into my CRX but decieded to go down the Turbo D route instead which will be a lot of fun!! Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet... I was thinking about trying to mid mount it in the mini but thought that might be a little ambitious!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts