Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know how we are going to get any more people on the website, so hopefuully it will become bigger and bigger. Perfect time considering csc is down, worth posting on other forums to try and get some members, like honda evolutions, civic life, csc. etc

·
Registered
342 Posts
you're right mate we do need more, but things like this take time. CSC has been around for donkeys. got to be careful with posting on other forums, it might be seen as poaching members, and im sure many of the sites wont take it very well (you know what happened to your post on csc), if we get a bad name then we're screwed lol word of mouth will get us going, if we all tell our mates, they tell theirs, so on and so on. :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It would be awesome to post on those forums, except it will give us a bad name for being member poachers. Also they get deleted really quick. What we need it to promote at local, and larger scale shows..

Ive put little notes on local civics wipers lol.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Well, obviously all promotional efforts are greatly appreciated. Don't spam other forums though, that's just rude.

In a month or so we will be higher up in Google for our target phrase - honda civic forum, and so the majority of our traffic will be coming from search engines.

I guess the most helpful thing you can do is spread the word on other sites!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
best bet for other forums, if you have made friends with people on their, maybe closer internet friends, people who you talk to alot on the forums, then personal message them individually.

·
Registered
225 Posts
as sean said most of it will be word of mouth through friends,if your well known on another site ask a mod or admin if you can put it in thier links to other sites section or something that might get a few across and get people talking about it and come on for a look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah you could try talking to admin or mods, or like skinny said PM people you know- if anyone has bebo msn or out like that you could add it in with your name for a while

also in the future when the site gets a little bigger and you manage to get enough people togeather to go to an event and have a stand, you could make buisness cards or if just one of us is off to a meet or event could take some with us and hand them out or wotever

not sure if anyone opn here has the facilities to design and print off buisness cards or we could just do some ourselves, which ever people think is best

you could also get stickers done for your cars - e.g the site address which could be put on your side windows at the back (depends if your into that) jus afew ideas :lol: lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
A company in bristol called out of hand will print 2500 business cards, full colour double sided for £60 delivered. I was thinking that if we all cipped in, then id design them and have them printed by them so they look super professional, i have printed with them before and they are second to none.

Also I can sort out decals if anyone wants one, i'll get a quote asap.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeh but you have to buy them by a set price, i'll bargain with the local guy that does all the local street racers, maybe if we put some adverts of him on the forum, get em nice n cheap ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
decals are the best way, i would certainly have a few in my car. get a big-ish one for the back windows and smaller ones for the side windows, and maybe some even smaller ones that just have HCF on them or something. theres loads of ideas you can play with!

·
Registered
342 Posts
^^ lol well weve got a guy locally that does the stickers for the local cruise site that me lee and charlotte are in, so if we get a design done then we can get them done there no probs, think we get them pretty cheap aswell. then we dont have to worry about you guys posting them to us etc etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts