Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a few of you may of heard, HUM (Honda of the UK Manufactoring) has been hit hard by the recent floods in Thiland.
As a worker there myself, i can say it's having a serious effect on production of cars, as Honda's factory in Thiland produces vital electrical components for all models.

It was annouced on monday (sorry its late) that HUM will, from the 2nd (again, sorry...) of November, will have reduced working hours. This is so Honda can spread what parts it does have out. They do want to avoid shutting the plant down all together; i guess making a reduced amount of cars for a few days is better than making none for weeks.

The main problem is the new Civic - it was scheduled to go into mass production mid-november, but this has been put back. No date has been set yet as to when.

Honda must feel they haven't had much luck this year, with the main problems in Japan back in April, and now this. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot help but feel bad for Hondo, this seems like the type of thing that they are unable to control but they are doing whatever they can to make it better. Here is hoping that eventually the world is going to stop going crazy and we can get them back to normal

·
Registered
186 Posts
And now up to 500 jobs under threat of redundancy at Swindon.......and they keep telling us things are on the up now!! Gotta feel for all those workers and their families...

·
Registered
186 Posts
If there are any Honda Swindon workers reading this, I see Jaguar/Land Rover are recruiting......paying for relocation in some cases too....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personally I'd give it a miss and stick to LPG, yeah it's a bit on the short side for distance as well but nothing like as bad. I suppose if you're wanting a city car either would be fine but the Civic just doesn't fall into that bracket IMO. Kei class is where it's at for that shiz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts