Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new here I have 2005 civic se 5 door not the most sporty but hey it does me and my little family, The thing is my sat nav packed up kept reading disc error, now for me this was very annoying and after a week could not live with it any more.
So i did a little looking on the net and fell over backwards at how much Honda would charge me to fix it, so i looked a little further in to it. I took my disc to game station in town and they cleaned my disc up for a very cheap 1.99 happy i took it back to the car put it in and ...................... nope didnt work but the disc looked like new. frustrated i looked again on the net and read that some bloke had the same prob and to fix it he put a wet wipe round plastic spoon handle and pushed in to the dvd slot on the car and wiggled it and moved it round and in and out. I thought faced with a bill from honda in the hundreds i would give it a go. so spoon in hand and wet wipes went to the car, first time did it very slowly and very gentley and no joy.
so did it again but this time went in as far as i could and from side to side as far as i could put disc in and it work my sat nav is fully functional. godlove the spoon and wet wipe there are no guarentees but it worked for me.
Cheers

·
Registered
423 Posts
shooter said:
First time did it very slowly and very gentley and no joy. did it again but this time went in as far as i could and from side to side as far as i could
reminds me of a drunken night 8-|

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
You clean DVD playes when your on a drunken night?? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having read that back i see where ya comming from lol. but yes gentle to start then a bit rougher lol works for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts