Honda Civic Forums banner

Honda Lover..New to Forum!!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tronkid75 
#1 ·
Hello all!!
New to the Forum..not even got a Honda yet LOL!!Got my eyes on a W reg 1.8 VTI 75k in dark green, just to get me started!!Might chisel the guy down to a grand for the car but im doing as much homework as i can before laying out my cash..No service history and only MOT till dec 08..any advice on what to look out for?? Im thinking how many prev owners, whats been done on it, things like that to knock him down!!Also the timing belt?When would that be changed?(not got a haynes manual yet-but i will get one!!)Any advice would be most welcome guys...Cheers!!

#4 ·
welcome along dude sounds like a mb6 that good cars. i got a coupe but i no the b18 vti engines are a good block, belt should be done between 50-70k best doin it wen u get it anyway be on safe side, check calipers are all ok as they run 282's on the front and are expensive if they need replacing might be a good haggling point

HTH

#5 ·
cheers spoons thats a great help-the guy is listing it at £1300ono but ive got a feeling theres no SH..plus unless he has receipts to prove the timing belt has been done perhaps i can get him down to about a grand?Tough bargain I know but its cash in the hand me old m8 as they say!!
Again many thanx for the info!

#6 ·
tronkid75 said:
No probs m8..just getting twitchy with my cash!LOL!been watching so many hondas for sale online im getting regular headaches!I wont rush in tho, ive got 1200 if the car is right-deffo VTEC 1.8!!
many thanx for the response..its nice to feel welcome!
Yeah you should never rush into it, i was waiting the better half of a year until I found my coupe and it was WELL worth the wait!!

#9 ·
Welcome, its worth holding out until you find a good one I was waiting ages until I found a REX at the right price but I got one in the end :) It needs a lot of work doing but I bought it as a project so thats a lot of the fun :)

#10 ·
Hello all, many thanks for the warm welcome..didnt go for that dark green vti after all, im really looking for a 12 month mot..cant afford any nasty shocks in dec/jan!!..almost went for an aerodeck estate in dark burgundy but i knew i was just getting twitchy with my money again!!Thought an estate might be fun tho'-a little bit different too..ideally tho' its got to be the good old pirates black 5 door hatch!!it just looks toooo good!LOL!!Anyone rate the aerodeckS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.