Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=0:3avzwgsb]honda.jpeg[/attachment:3avzwgsb]
Honda is to halve production at its factory in Swindon from Monday because of a shortage of parts coming from Japan.

Honda said that the 3,000 workers would remain on full pay.

It was confident that the 22,500 fewer cars that would be built as a result could be made up by the year end.

Many carmakers have struggled because of shutdowns to plants affected by the earthquake and tsunami in north east Japan.

Honda has just resumed manufacturing at its Japanese plants, but has now said that production of component parts and vehicles would only be at 50% of the planned level.

The company said that the vast majority of the parts used in Swindon are made in Europe.

It added that its flexible working policy would allow it to make up for the lost production later in the year using "banked hours".

Source: BBC News

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
sultan

i have been thinking of a similar setup in my coupe, im not sure if you know but i run my own small time fabrication company (im not sure if im allowed to post the address so i wont), and one of the things im currently investing/working on is greener energy, im looking at hydrogen/water fuel sources atm, with the final aim to drive without petrol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts