Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think of the honda civic vti-s the 1.8 are they any good compared to the rest of the civics any common problems?anything you should look out for?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uno my civic makes a noise frm the gear box or clutch but when i put the cluch peddle down the noise goes away wat could it be?

·
Registered
943 Posts
redline said:
would it be ok to drive it around like this?
Only for so long mate, most problems get worse over time instead of staying as they are or even getting better.

Get it checked out asap!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just bought one of these... had it for less than a week. Initial feeling is that I do actually love this car :)

I shopped around before settling on a Honda. I've been a fan of the VTEC system for years and finally decided to come away from the turbos and straight-6 engines in favour of some high-revving 4-pot fun :)

I'd recommend one, mate. Although as with any car, arrange a test-drive, if possible. Might not be for you.

I'm 6'4" and I could use an extra few inches of room, but aside from this, nothing presents itself yet as a problem. As I say, I've only had it since Friday, but yeah... thumbs-up so far :)

It accelerates ferociously in the VTEC power-band with a lovely angry, gutteral note. It's subtly styled, being a 5-door hatchback but the small aesthetic touches that ome with the VTi-S make me glad I held out for the special edition and didn't settle for a VTi.

The paint work is pleasing, too. Pirate Black has a cool purple gloss to it, when viewed under in daylight. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
rob_fr33dom said:
redline said:
would it be ok to drive it around like this?
Only for so long mate, most problems get worse over time instead of staying as they are or even getting better.

Get it checked out asap!
my mate had a clutch release bearing noisy for 3 years and 31k but if it was me i would get it done .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the 1.8 v-tec faster than the 1.6 v-tec? in sum cases there not, on diffrent makes, ford ect... and id love to no what you felow civic fans think is the best v-tec engine out there? vti, vti-s, the ltr. ect...? and diffrence if you no?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure about the normal VTEC 1.6 and 1.8, but the 1.6VTi-S is faster than the 1.8VTi-S, looking at straight performance times. 0-60 is quicker, as is the 1/4 mile dash.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com is a quality page for getting an idea on performance times.

But then again the 1.6VTi-S is a lighter car, so on pure power-weight alone, you're onto a winner.

I've not been into Civic-specifics for long, so I'm not sure if there are internal differences with the 1.6 over the 1.8, aside from the obvious; displacement/bore.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
might just leave it for a bit and then see wat happens.how do if it is the clutch release bearing for sure?

Edit:

you no*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts