Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have just bought a civic 1.5 vei and i want 2 put a performance manifold on but the cat is on the manifold. r all civic.s like this or can i use a cat from a different civic and put a performance manifold on and put a cat under the car please help many thanks shaun. i live in plymouth i have put piper cross panal filter iridum plugs on the car for now. i don't think i will do any more as i think it will be cheaper to start with an esi many thanks shaun

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate wats a stubby and can i remove cat or do all civic.s of this year 95 have the cat on the manifold . can i put a full manifold on and move cat many thanks shaun

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks thats a great help where can i purchase said manifold.s. if i put a full manifold on can put a cat under the car or is best to old manifold back on for mot also do u know wat performance exhaust work.s best on this car many thanks shaun

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
ebay would be a good start. you`d need to have the cat on for an MOT so it depends whether you want the hassle of changeover every year

The stubby won`t give much BHP, just a throatier noise. Full decat would be needed for an increase in power, plus you`d need an o2 sim to fool the engine into thinking the cat is still there. The o2 sim goes between the 02 sensor and the exhaust manifold

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks is the o2sim easy fit and is the vei the only civic with a cat on the manifold as i have seen decat pipes for civic.s. is the vei hard to tune if so do u know which 91 to 95 civic is best for tuning besides the obvious vti many thanks shaun

·
Registered
332 Posts
besides the vti the other 92-95 civic to go for is an esi (1.6sohc vtec) engine code d16z6. there mods on these little puppies are endless!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers mate i will start looking an esi as i think it will be the cheaper route and do u know if esi have the cat on the manifold or is only the vei many thanks shaun

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats great an esi it is then. does the esi come in 2 door coupe or 4 door saloon as well as 2 door hatch many thanks shaun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts