Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone My name is Rafal
I'm new here and first I wanted to say HELLO and ask you a question .
I want to buy Civic VTEC Sport around o4/54 plate in 3dr shape What could you suggest me before buying ?
Is this car as good as I heard ? Any particular problems ? Thank you very much for Your help
Smootny

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
My mates just bought one of these i wanted to drag it against my civic (that was until i wrote it off :'( ) just to see how they go compared to the odl ones. What BHP and curb weight are they nicky?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the sport is not a fast car. it is a really nice car though. as a gap as insurance is gay. i was looking at spending about 7k on car and extra insurance.
i had a 1.4 fiesta group 4 insurance 12 sec to 60
looked at skoda fabia vrs. good economy. 9 to 60 but brilliant mid range
seat ibiza of 160 diesel. 150 and 180hp petrols
renaultsport clio's
an older ep3
a civic sport
a civic type s 2 litre 160hp. every extra. ep shape

of all of them the best handling was the sport. the most comfortable was the type s but the fastest was the obvious ep3.
i couldnt find any good value ep3's in my range. then couldnt get a quote under 2k (the most i was willing to pay!-quoted 2400!)

then got told about the vti and jordans. found some low mileage ones and settled on the jordan. it handles like a sport, is as comfortable as the type s, stands out like an ep3 (or bright yellow seat cupra). it hasnt got the economy of any diesel but for a petrol in the performance sense its pretty good! also for 5k its not as expensive as the others but neither is the insurance. group 15 is pretty high but not as high as anything else for its performance level.
i dont really regret buying it at all. but as economy goes i should've probably got either the fabia or the cupra diesel (160hp but has diesel tourque and economy). but with vtec and 8k+ revving engine, excellent looks and still has comfort of a bigger car i couldnt really fault it!!!

but the sport, a review on that....didnt actually feel much faster than my fiesta. vtec wasnt really vtec. its got really good seats, comfy, feels really good, like driving an executive car. but ep civic vs ek i could've got so much more in the boot!
next buy has got to be either an ep3 or type s. the type s should come in an auto option though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK Guys I've decided that I'm definately after 04/05 1.6 VTEC Sport |(Can't afford to insure Type R :( )
Any suggestions what to look out for when I find something ? Cheers

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
not a crap one!!
lower than 40k miles is best, enough miles to go before timing belt or any other major services and high enough for any problems to have been rectified
look for regular oil changes and a service history (in warranty it should be honda serviced-but doesnt have to be. cars that are looked after generally have services carried out by their owner, normally general services)

find one with lots of recipts for services/tyres etc. can tell you how many miles the car has done on tyres and brake pads etc. to see if its been ragged!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 7-8 k to spend and yeah I want one with less than 40k mileage . no luck yet with finding one though :(
but I'm still looking Thanks for replies guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts