Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys. This is my first post, so please have mercy :)

I'm looking for an EP2 owner's manual in electronic format. Does anyone have that?

Thanks a lot :)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ultimu_neuron said:
Hi guys. This is my first post, so please have mercy :)

I'm looking for an EP2 owner's manual in electronic format. Does anyone have that?

Thanks a lot :)
hi welcome to the forum :)

might be a good idea to introduce yourself in the 'new members introductions' section :thumbup:

in regards to your question, are you after the sales brochure in electronic format, service manual, or equivalent to haynes manual?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey!
Thanks for your fast response. I'll introduce myself right away :)

I'm looking for that manual that can be found in every car's glove compartment. :) The one that shows you how to open the bonnet, how to operate the a/c and so on. It usually comes with the car when new.
I'll buy the Haynes service manual after I get the car. I'm now looking for as much info as i can about it.
Sales brochure sounds nice, although I think it's very hard to find.
In the end, any electronic format manual about the car is welcomed.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I don't have that one myself. but I do however have the sales brochure here's the link:
http://ww1.honda.co.uk/brochure/downloa ... aCivic.pdf

I have the fuse box diagram and a few other bits like that and have loads of research on common faults etc.

The main common fault with the ep2's is the gearbox bearings. This can cost in the region of £800 to get fixed so if your looking for a car then check that the car doesn't have a rattling sound. A good test for this is to put the car in neutral and lift the clutch up. If the rattling sound starts, then disappears hen you put the clutch down again then you have the problem.

If you want any info then just give me a shout and I'll see what I can do :)

Also a good site for the ep shaped civic's is 'epcivic' there you will find loads of info on that specific model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the brochure mate! I appreciate it.

I was also told by my mechanic that these Civics have that problem with the gearbox you described... Dunno if it's a design failure that will keep producing the problem or if after the bearings are replaced the problem goes away for good...

What can I say... I just hope that by normal use and no abuses the problem won't appear. :rolleyes:

Later edit: Also heard the sound deadening is not too good in this car...

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's a bit of a gamble if you get the gearbox problem or not, but if with normal use and no abuse it should help minimise the chance by a bit.

I've only test drive a couple of ep's so I can't really comment on the deadening. But from my experience it wasn't too bad. someone on epcivic has sound deadened their ep2. so you might want to have a look at his how too guide.

·
Registered
42 Posts
VTEC-James said:
sorry I don't have that one myself. but I do however have the sales brochure here's the link:
http://ww1.honda.co.uk/brochure/downloa ... aCivic.pdf

I have the fuse box diagram and a few other bits like that and have loads of research on common faults etc.

The main common fault with the ep2's is the gearbox bearings. This can cost in the region of £800 to get fixed so if your looking for a car then check that the car doesn't have a rattling sound. A good test for this is to put the car in neutral and lift the clutch up. If the rattling sound starts, then disappears hen you put the clutch down again then you have the problem.

If you want any info then just give me a shout and I'll see what I can do :)

Also a good site for the ep shaped civic's is 'epcivic' there you will find loads of info on that specific model.
Hi guys, I've just bought a 2004 1.6 Civic (Type R replica) and I think I have that problem that you mentioned. It's because when I set off in first gear I get a little rattle but then its is fine once I'm off, but as soon as I stop and set off I get a rattle

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, I've just bought a 2004 1.6 Civic (Type R replica) and I think I have that problem that you mentioned. It's because when I set off in first gear I get a little rattle but then its is fine once I'm off, but as soon as I stop and set off I get a rattle
hi,
I would advice trying the neutral test as said above, if the rattle is present then it could be the bearings. But by what you have described it could also be the exhaust heat shield rattling.

·
Registered
42 Posts
VTEC-James said:
hi,
I would advice trying the neutral test as said above, if the rattle is present then it could be the bearings. But by what you have described it could also be the exhaust heat shield rattling.
What's the neutral test?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Leave the car in neutral, put your foot on the clutch, then take it off - simples :D

If it rattles when foot is off clutch - bearings, on clutch release bearing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts