Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members,

sorry for posting in introduction section.MODS feel free to move to relevant section

Iam indy from London

I have bought Honda civic I-shift ,1.8 petrol car clocked 60,000 miles.

I wanted to buy automatic Honda as most of the times my wife drives it. I did not realize ,that I-shift is semi-automatic not fully automatic till i bought the car.:)

Since day 1 , the i-shift transmission behave weirdly.

It takes a pause during change of gear approx 2 to 3 second and give jerks or jerks when start from stationary.

I read lot of reviews on different forums and came to the conclusion that my i- shift need software update.I went to Honda dealer for diagnostic check they charge me 60 pounds.

They told me the clutch has worn out and need replacing costing me 650 pounds .

I tried several other garages but nobody ready to work on i-shift gearbox.

1) Does any other member experiencing the same problem ?

2) Can anybody suggest any garage, who can repair or replace i shift clutches cheaper than Honda dealer in London area ?

3) Big Question...... Can i-shift clutch worn out in 60,000 miles ?

Please help me to solve my i shift problem

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck?

Hey did you ever find a cheaper quote to get the clutch changed?
I think I may have the same issue with my i-Shift except mine's on about 85K and I get the check system cog far too often now :mad:
Would love to know how you got on and if you sorted it!

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just joined this group to ask for advice specifically for my Honda Civic IV-tech ES. I am passionately in love with the car, which I bought new in 2006. I have clocked up 140000 miles without mishap. However, last month the car refused to engage gear. After lots of false starts, Honda have told me that the clutch is worn out, and the activator needs replacing. Total cost of parts (not incl. labour) is £2,700. Honda consider the car to be a write off. However, my brother has found a company in Wales, Ecusolutionswales, who claim they can rebuild the Clutch/Gearbox Actuator for £130. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of this company please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear members,

sorry for posting in introduction section.MODS feel free to move to relevant section

Iam indy from London

I have bought Honda civic I-shift ,1.8 petrol car clocked 60,000 miles.

I wanted to buy automatic Honda as most of the times my wife drives it. I did not realize ,that I-shift is semi-automatic not fully automatic till i bought the car.:)

Since day 1 , the i-shift transmission behave weirdly.

It takes a pause during change of gear approx 2 to 3 second and give jerks or jerks when start from stationary.

I read lot of reviews on different forums and came to the conclusion that my i- shift need software update.I went to Honda dealer for diagnostic check they charge me 60 pounds.

They told me the clutch has worn out and need replacing costing me 650 pounds .

I tried several other garages but nobody ready to work on i-shift gearbox.

1) Does any other member experiencing the same problem ?

2) Can anybody suggest any garage, who can repair or replace i shift clutches cheaper than Honda dealer in London area ?

3) Big Question...... Can i-shift clutch worn out in 60,000 miles ?

Please help me to solve my i shift problem

thanks
Hi,

I know is been 5 years but do you remember how you fixed it? I have the same problem and I went to a dealership for a recalibration that was expensive and useless :(

I have a 2007 civic 1.8 petrol with 37.000 miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts