Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there everyone,

i am a new honda civic owner, i have been extremely pleased with this car and it runs fine, only thing i am having issues with is that the heating gauge on the dial doesnt go half way it goes up but not to where it should, mind you it doesnt overheat, also i have realised that the economy light doesnt ever come on, no matter how efficient i drive it it doesnt come on when driving, it lights up before starting the car up when key is in ignition but never after that. can these faulks be related i am guessing the first problem is with the thermostat?? but could these be related.

any help or answers are very much appreciated. thanks

p.s its a 3dr 1999 1.5 ls with a 100k on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The temp gauge on my 1.8 sits half way fine since putting a new stat in, the one on the 1.4 is probably the same as yours eg sits between 0 and 1/4 way from the rest, I'll put a new stat in and take it from that. You mention an eco light, I've not got one, well never noticed it if I have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same problem with mine, do you know what thermostat to replace it with - 5dr 1999 1.5i vtec-e.

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Any local spares shop will look it up for you, probably even halfrauds.... stats are pretty standard things!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts