Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought honda civic T reg(non sport) 1.4 engine size. Does anyone know what is the recommended miles i should get per gallon(local driving). I put 20 pounds petrol in completely empty tank and now i have done 112 miles but the fuel light came up after 80 miles.

Which car is more economical on petrol? nissan almera 1.4 or civic 1.4?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
id say you'd get more mpg out of the civic cos its smaller therefore less weight..
Have you been raggin the civic? lol that shaves the miles off...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
not a clue mate, never worked it out.. i drive differently tank for tank.. some times i drive fast and then sometimes i dont go over 60 for 3 weeks lol.
I'll work it out and get back to you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Skinny said:
not a clue mate, never worked it out.. i drive differently tank for tank.. some times i drive fast and then sometimes i dont go over 60 for 3 weeks lol.
you sure on that one???

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I dont think i have ever driven economically or slowly, even before i passed my test i used to hoon it around in the civic (when it was still my mums) usually with her in the passenger seat holding onto the dashboard and the bottom of the seat haha needless to say i didnt do it as bad as i usually do but still pretty fast lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
crxhugh said:
Skinny said:
you sure on that one???

Whatever mate, you should be in jail, how you drive!!

if my car was fast, id drive fast, but its not so why bother flogging its guts??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I drive a 1.4i R reg Civic, and I usually get 340-360 out of a full tank. Thats with commuting and... er... fun driving :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
right tips: go down to light. then fill up and write down litres. then drive. then fill up same amount of litres writing down mileage.

get the litres figure: (15 litres). divide this by 4.546 which will get it into gallons (3.3 gallons)
get the mileage: (100 miles.) divide this by the gallons (100 div 3.3) which will get the mpg figure: (30mpg)

if you are getting under 26 from a small engine like a 1.4 then it could be your driving or it could a problem with the car
from my engine (1.6 160hp) i get 28-30 if i vtec a bit. can get 35+ if i dont.
if i drive really bad i get about 26 or less....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts