Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
do not have a Civic as yet but am scouting around for one at the moment, want to get a 5dr tax and ins beater a 1.4 or 1.5.
Having owned a Ballade in South Africa and knowing what these little rockets are capable of.....well say no more.
Bought a Rover 214 sli and quickly sold it again after reading someing of the horror stories about cylinder heads and gaskets. Owned it for a 3 months, replaced all the sensors and crankshaft sensor included plus new battery etc etc and put it thru a MOT which it went straight thru 1st time, but still I want someting good and dependable as well as economical as we do a lot of driving around the South West area (when able).
Anyhow here I am and on the hunt for a 95 ish 5dr preferably Burgundy or most other colors except Green and not modded, shall do that type of thing myself, took my nice mags off the Rover.................lol.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome, the 5 door is a good car in all engines so no worries there. I think you did the right thing in getting rid of the rover, i hate them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Civic_Vtec said:
Welcome, the 5 door is a good car in all engines so no worries there. I think you did the right thing in getting rid of the rover, i hate them.
Agree fully, my Dad was here when the Acclaim /Rover fiasco happened and I agree with the Honda-isti, The Rover could never hold a candle to the Honda.
To give an example, whilst still in South Africa I was travelling from Bloemfontein to Cape Town on a Friday and then on a Sunday I would travel back to Bloemfontein, average travel time including a stop wasbtween and 9 and 10 hrs. I did this every weekend for a year until The Army transferred me back to Cape Town. I will let some one else do the maths. All this was done in a 12 valve 1500cc Honda Ballade.
My 5cyl 2200cc Audi auto could not handle the pace, sold it after 2 trips with a very tired engine. Do not get me wrong I still like the Audi's I rate them as best value for money amongst the German luxury market.

Better go as I have to go light the Braai (barbeque) burnt offerings tonite with copious amounts of wine and brandy and beer and whatever I am able to lay my hands on.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx
just seen off the last of the guests. Oh have also taken the motor out of a Mk1 V6 Mondeo, to every one out there do not volunteer to help on one of these.

Cheers
Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts