1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=2:2j03ndtp]1.jpg[/attachment:2j03ndtp]
[attachment=1:2j03ndtp]2.jpg[/attachment:2j03ndtp]
[attachment=0:2j03ndtp]3.jpg[/attachment:2j03ndtp]
James Thompson has won a World Touring Car Championship race - the first for a Japanese manufacturer.

After a poor season so far, the British driver ran confidently during the Imola round and admitted after the victory that he "always had a the back of my mind that we could win a race."

However, it wasn't an easy win for Thompson - the Honda driver overtook both Rob Huff's Chevrolet and Jorg Muller's BMW (considered by many the fastest car in the championship) to take the historic win.

"I was grinning like a Cheshire cat as I went over the line," said Thompson. "We want to forget about the early part of the season and concentrate on the races that are left. Monza will play to our strengths, and lets see what happens at the other two races."

Yvan Muller and Rickard Rydell made it a Seat one-two in race one, with Thompson third. Following the British driver home in race two was Rob Huff and Jorg Muller.

Seat's Yvan Muller leads the overall championship on 80 points with Gabriele Tarquini second on 68. Three WTCC rounds remain.

Source: Top Gear

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I do like the look of that race spec Accord. I wonder if there going to bring back the accord Type R??

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
^^^^^^ yes its faster and better than the one you can buy from Honda :lol:

·
Registered
370 Posts
good driver and good car, thats why they have a second piloted by Yukinori Taniguchi for the rest of the season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts