Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk not sure if anybody remembers but i made a topic a while ago saying how my new "cheapy ebay induction kit" seemed to be

making a strange schreeching noise at certain throttle positions!

i went to change back to the standard filter today and i noticed it is not actually the induction kit but the whistle/screech seems

to come from the throttle body!! can anybody tell me why it is doing this?? and is there anyway of stopping it??

im assuming it happens with the induction kit as it is doesnt have much more resistant in suction that when the filter is completely off!!

when flooring the throttle it just gives a nice deep tone but with instance of say driving at 30mph in 4th gear and only tapping

the accelerator every so often to maintain speed it will make a screech wen i put on the gas, any help would be appreciated with this!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
your find alot of honda's do this, its to do with how the air is drawn over the butterfly.

mine was really loud after i added mt SK2 IM.

it nromal and nothing to worry about, and no you cant stop it lol.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol ffs!! it never did it with the standard panel filter!!

does my head in sumfin shockin, i tend to push down on the accelerator alot more too so i can push past the

annoying sound lol!!suppose atleast ppl will always know when im coming due to the annoying screech defenning their

ears LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts