Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no such thing!!!
why would i want to blind people with dipped!!! and reduce the effectiveness of main beam
i only WANT to see when i have main on, so im sticking with normal bulbs.

maybe i just want extra main beam lights??

·
Registered
132 Posts
HID is good but iid stick with normal bulbs (but go for a high vision/brighter version)
normal H4's are 65w and the ones i usually buy are 85W they are ment for off road use but havent ever been stopped because of them (dont go too crazy and get 100w ones or you are likly to be stopped as they will be to bright and will get hotter than normal bulbs possably causing damage to the headlight.)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have halfords blue 100w main 80w dipped (nominal figures-but in contrast to philips ones-brighter-and have lasted longer, plus i get trade discount on these if they do blow). i drive with my dipped lights on 24/7, and have had these bulbs in my fiesta so they have done at least a year and a half, on all the time-for about 36k miles. also theres some in my dads car, which he hasnt had a problem with either.

they look pretty white so dont look like a goon. and dipping down onto the road is fine. havent had any question about my current bulbs being a problem (heat/police/being flashed at/damage to headlight). i just wanted more light on the road with main beam, basically so its daylight.

in my fiesta i angled the foglights up slightly (so that less light is just put on the floor and more light is sent forward to light up the sides of the road) and used them only with main/lane driving. didnt dazzle either.

thinking about getting some foglights to add on, but use them as well as main so that i can have the extra light i crave (maybe set them so one is higher than the other to aid crests and dips, like on a rally car)

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
W T F
right firstly you can use hid in main with good quality kits
secondly 100 / 80 are illegal and hammer the crap out of your wiring and alternator and run really hot
thirdly if you set your lights up properly and use projector light for hids there is no issue with glaring and they only run 35w per side so no issues with wiring or alternator and run colder which is better for your reflectors period

also hids will piss all over any halogen bulb you can get

you say main only well how much driving do you do on main compared to dip (hardly any as you said)
eg. drive down a motorway how many times do you use main beam
i really dont see where you were going with this topic to be honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts