Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :).
My missus registered here a while back as she was looking for a Civic. Well we bought one last weekend. It's a black EK4 VTI, and as I'm the one that's going to be doing a few bit's and pieces on the car for her, I thought I'd have the courtesy to say hello before I start annoying you with dumb tech questions :D.
It's been a fair while since I worked on a front wheel drive so please bear with me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all, thanks for the welcome :cool:

No pics of the car yet as the last owner had little to no taste.
I've ordered a standard exhaust today to replace the catering size baked bean can that's currently adorning it's posterior. and the standard vti wheels that have been painted black will be replaced with a set of dishy Work Meisters once I source the parts for a five stud conversion. This will involve replacing the standard 'painted hammerite yellow' calipers and centres of the discs, that quite honestly looks like it's been done by someone with no arms, so it's win win :D

It's not all bad though, as it's a clean standard car other than that, so makes a good base for the fun things we want to do to it.
I own a couple of companies, one of which is HSD Europe, who manufacture one of the best coilover kits for EG's and EK's on the market, so I'll be sticking a set of those on, along with some EK9 splitters and a grill. I'm sure it's a look that's probably done to death here, but I love the look, and like to go by the rule of stick with what works and all that :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
welcome!! looking forwards to seeing the pictures!

PhilMorrison said:
Hi all, thanks for the welcome :cool:

I own a couple of companies, one of which is HSD Europe, who manufacture one of the best coilover kits for EG's and EK's on the market, so I'll be sticking a set of those on,
very nice, what price they retail at? for special hondacivicforum members :D i just bought a set of technix ones off ebay, not happy with them at all tbh, havent fitted them yet as will most likely sell them on and buy more expensive ones, the springs are labeled "evo" and the shock doesnt even come with damper mountings so you have to use your 13 year old honda ones:S cant see how this is a full "new" coilover setup to be honest!! might well be good but not wasting my time fitting them if im gonna have to take them off again and buy better ones!! :evil:

anyywaayyys again welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, start a build thread, will be good to see your progress on turning it tasteless to tastefull.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, so you make coilovers and grilles n spliters? Or did i read that wrong :question:

Would like to see the EK4's pics now and then after, Black civics are just SOOOOO nice :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
mine is nice or mine is black?? lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here it is as it stands. It's not really as bad as I made out perhaps. I think it's just the dying of embarresment every time I warp it anywhere with that exhaust on that makes me cringe so much :D.

If people are interested in the coilovers here, I'll go through the correct channels and contact someone about trading here :). HSD are a factory own brand. They make coilovers for many big name like BuddyClub. These are just different colours and less than half the price.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
its not so bad but what was the guy thinking when he decided to paint the calipers that colour!!

yes, im definately interested, and with the amount of suspension threads you get popping up im sure you could make alot of business on here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone this is my car :D I signed up last year but haven't posted much. I read the forum quite a lot but now I actually have a Civic its cool to read up about the particular model and see what other owners have done to theirs.

Between me and Phil there is quite a few things happening to the car. Will try and add pics as and when stuff goes on!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
hay there, your car looks good

Phil, i might have a few people interested in coilovers but i will have to ask

Edit:

Phil, Hows the project going??

Question, does your company make coilovers for the EM1 AND the EM2????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts