Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

Im Kari, new to the forum and I am desperately looking for a Civic Type R in cosmic grey and seem to be having no luck :( seen 2 perfect ones but both fell through! Seen another one with good mileage - perfect car but bad point is its cat d. Would anyone buy a cat d? Garage claims someone ran into the back of it, been prof repaired and got all docs etc. Thanks :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
37k at the moment,theres pictures in the members cars somewhere,im after an ek9 so its definatly going at some point so can get that :D

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
definately if its the choice between a cat d and a straight car u have to have the straight one , in saying that you should not rule a cat d car out for purchase anytime as its a lot cheaper and as long as its been repaired right not a problem , you will have trouble selling it thou for the same reason you questioned the cat d car in the first place ,
at least buying a cat d you know its been repaired a lot of the time the have not been logged as accident damaged , as always buyer beware with any purchase and if its to good to be true it usually is :) .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
cat d is there for a reason though! if its bent any metal (other than cosmetics) they normally cat d them. repaired properly will mean the offending part has been taken out and a new bit welded back in. this would mean rust is a problem!! paint matching shows up everywhere when its been just bumpers being damaged etc.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I just bought a cat D lol :) but then it was 275 quid i wouldnt be looking to spend a few grand on a cat d mind!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
stug45 said:
cat d is there for a reason though! if its bent any metal (other than cosmetics) they normally cat d them. repaired properly will mean the offending part has been taken out and a new bit welded back in. this would mean rust is a problem!! paint matching shows up everywhere when its been just bumpers being damaged etc.
sorry mate i have to disagree , there are dogs out there but that goes for everything ,thats ever had a bang if repaired badly it will always show cat d or not , i have seen a load of insurance repairs in the last 20 yrs some are bad and others good , and thats coming from insurance approved body shops so there is no altimate rule of thumb .
there is only one definate in it all most cars have had paint end of , you cant even guarantee your new car from the show room has not had a dent or so it happens ,
so as already said you buy a car on the merit of the actual car if its been repaired properly no probs , as i say too so many people it didnt grow did it , someone or something put all cars together in the first place .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all your comments :) I had a good think about it but in the end decided against it. I dont want to end up with problems 6 months down the line. Lee's photos look great! The hunt is still on :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts