Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
im simon and have just bought a 1.4i 97 civic (gen 6 i think) for £900 with only 64000 miles on the clock. What do you think??
i will post up some pics later when i get a chance.
Hope to get into the honda scene quick and get to learn about the cars (previously iv had a nova, polo, and a few clios)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok got some pics as i picked it up last night (sorry about quality and colour was getting dark and only had my camera phone)

anyway here it is:

iv found one small spot of rust on the bonnet. thats only fault iv found so far :)
is there any places that are common to rust?? so i can get some underseal on them, I want to keep this car mint.

·
Registered
370 Posts
welcome. the key thing about rust is its location. take some pictures (with a better camera) and we can advise

enjoy your stay

·
Registered
770 Posts
hey dude, nice to see another local lad on here lol.

the honda scene in newbs sucks pretty bad lol.

what mods you got planned?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the min im just planning to put alloys on and my sound system in, gunna be keeping it pretty standard but want to improve it a bit on the interior ect. i might put a backbox on and induction kit but at the min will stick to alloys :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the welcomes too this looks like it was a good forum to join :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i plan to go dont know if i can just yet but will say as soon as i know i can :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got some more photos now so here you are:

I will add my car into the gallery once iv cleaned it up and got a decent camera :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Aye it def needs a good old clean, i guess you'll be on it all weekend then lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah as soon as it stops raining im going to give it a good wash then a tcut and then a polish and wax. (i have started cleaning it but only managed a small amount in the engine bay (as im hoping to put some chrome in there soon) and a quick once over on the dash and seats.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Chrome in the engine bay? what you chroming?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well planing to make up some steel covers for battery, pas filler lid, oil cover, coolent expansion tank, washer bottle lid, airbox (poss), tube infront of airbox (poss) and anything else that i think would look better chrome.
really want just 3 colours to be visable in engine bay chrome, black and the cars red.
if you know anywhere that already does any of these id be intrested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
why hello!

IM also a MB2 driver

i see them everywhere (that said i work on a carpark some days)

Welcome to the forums

(if it wernt for the dirty mats and engine bay i could o sworn ud nicked mine :D)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts