Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI.

I own a 1995 black civic coupe 15iLX. The usal.....bodykit, spoiler, 17"alloys, induction, strut brace and koni adjustable suspension (very solid ride).
Its very similar looking to the 1 in the F&F film they use to "jack" the trucks exept without the green neon glows, i will upload pics over the weekend for all 2 c.

However i am looking to change the 1.5 engine to a 1.6 v-tec but dont know much about the details. I dont know if the mounting would be the same, slighty out or way off. Also i take it the gearbox will have to be changed and also the ECU loom??? but again i dont know if the sensor conections will be the same or different.
If any1 no's any infomation on this or having done a job like this before it would but very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
best bet is to get a donor car that you can get the ecu, and wiring etc out of aswell ..
im 90% sure you will need new mounts. Id also get new brakes etc, which im not sure if you will need new driveshafts etc.. im not to hot with engines.

But yeh i'd get a donor car so you have everything you need..

try the 1.8 vtec civic aerodeck. CRXHUGH on here has used that for a swap and it went really well, however that was into an EK which is a closer shape than your Ej

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im prety pleased wit the front bumper, i mean, i hit a bager (we all no their heavy bastards lol ) at 60 and it didnt even faze my bumper at all lol i didnt have the mirros sprayed no, im thinkin of changing them, mayb to 1's wit indicators so i cn take the side repeaters off, but i think they might spoil it.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, Nice to see another coupe owner on here. Nice looking car, really does look like the one of the opening scene civics in F&F1

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
introductions/black-coupe-t2823.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll find mine and a couple of others on this thread :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Civit said:
Another black one... can we have a black coupe section :D
I think that's a VERY good idea, but prob open it to all coupe's :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Civit said:
Gibbscp said:
Civit said:
Moderator going on diplomat :p
I would like to start by saying "thanks" to my right on honourable friend for his fine comment.

:lol:

I'll start a thread just for coupe owners later today.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Gibbscp said:
Civit said:
Well if your doing that then I'm having a CRX section!!

...oh yes thats right I'm one of the only ones :(

Welcome BTW!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts